Chapter 17

[Chapters 16 to 17 are already posted!]

.

.

.

Was Rindou relieved that he finally knew her real name? or was he feeling the weight of reality completely crushing him and his hopes down? 

"You lie about your identity, manipulate the people around you, steal evidence, and go against protocols and law and still call yourself the good guys?" Rindou scoffed. "I mean really, you're part of the police force, a freaking government employee. What? Just because you label yourself good, it makes you immune when you do something illegal?" He continued. "Seriously, you're just as bad as you guys say we are,"

"Woah there buddy, I never said I was a good person," Yusano defended. "And what was that supposed to mean?" 

He stopped as he composed himself. "No, sorry, it's-" Rindou trailed off with a sigh. "Look, discrimination and hypocrisy are a bitch, okay? So let's just move on and try to plan out what to do next-" 

"No, Rindou, you know, you've got some shady business behind you as well," Yusano smirked at him. "You made me confess something I didn't want to share, so now, tell me, what type of shit are you hiding?" 

Rindou rolled his eyes. "For a detective, you really are oblivious," He mocked. "Well, you are, after all, only a trainee." He continued with a raised brow. "Didn't Naoto tell you already?" 

"He mentioned some bits of hints that made me think you and your brother are into some illegal business" She shrugged. 

"Oh," He laughed. "You've barely scratched the surface, well, I guess I'll let you find out for yourself. Enough about that, now that we're beyond the façade, I need you to meet everyone," 

She stared at him. "Everyone...?" 

.

.

.

Rindou and Yusano arrived at the Bonten headquarters, and slowly the chief members gathered by one of the conference rooms. 

"Y/n? That's a surprise, What are you doing here?" Takeomi said the moment he saw the girl standing in the room. 

"Takeomi? You're part of this too?" She questioned, for all she knew, Takeomi was just some old man that likes to buy bread at an untimely hour. 

"Part of what?" The male played dumb. 

"What's she doing here?" Kakucho asked when he stepped in and was followed by Ran who looked just as surprised as the others. 

"Oh what? Him too?" Yusano questioned looking at Kakucho. "I swear if I see another familiar face walk in, I'm gonna riot," 

Kokonoi walked in along with Sanzu. "What's this sudden meeting about?" The pink-haired male yawned. "Oh, miss detective's here," 

And then Hanma casually came along as well. "Heyo~!" 

Yusano stared at Hanma, she remembered that she met him in the psyche ward as 'Dr. Rei'. "What. the. fuck. ?!" 

"Watch your language, young lady," Mochi entered. "Oh, it's you! Ms. Sakkaku the detective... what's she doing here?" he questioned the others. 

But before he got the answer, Mikey entered the room and they all bowed to their boss and greeted him. Yusano on the other hand just stood there like a lost child.