Chapter 34

Y/n sat in the empty hospital lounge alone staring at the ceiling, the space was dead silent and the lighting was dim.

"Did you talk to them?" A similar voice spoke. 

She remained staring at the ceiling and hummed. "Some of them," Y/n answered. 

"Who?" Yusano asks as she sits beside her. 

"Mochi, Koko," Y/n pauses. "Sanzu, and then Mikey,"

"You already talked with Mikey?" Yusano questioned in shock. "Well? what'd he say?" 

"Typical so and so," She replied vaguely making Yusano scrunch her nose. "Well, how about you, what's your progress?" Y/n slightly lifted her head and looked at her. 

"I got it," Yusano answered. "But! I'm not giving it to you just yet, not until you finish your side of the deal,"

Y/n rolled her eyes with a sigh. "Of course,"

"You don't sound thrilled," Yusano raised a brow. "After you finish talking to the others, we'll proceed with your plan, isn't that what you want?" 

"I'm not excited about conversing with any of the remaining ones..." She mumbled. 

Yusano hummed, she didn't blame her for her anxiety, after all, the other half of Bonten was who were closest to her. 

Y/n then pushed herself up. "I'll go ahead and sleep, you rest up too," She said and walked away.

Yusano watched as Y/n's figure soon disappeared into the dark hall. She sighed before lying back down, she knew nothing would change Y/n's mind, but maybe, just maybe, tomorrow would change it. 

.

.

.

Y/n couldn't sleep that night, she just waited for the sun to rise back up before leaving her room and gathering the courage to talk to the remaining four. 

She was back up at the hospital's roof deck, watching the sun take its place in the sky. Y/n rested her arms by the rails and she laid her head on her arms.

The morning air was a bit chilly, but she paid no mind, she hoped it'd help her doze off. Minutes, or maybe hours passed but she remained awake. 

But now the coldness subsided. "You'll catch a cold if you don't wear any extra layers," A voice spoke. 

Y/n turned her head and finally noticed a blanket that rested around her shoulders, and the person who spoke was Ran.

She internally cursed, it seemed like the universe itself was making her meet them one by one. "Thanks," She said in a whisper-like tone. 

"I'm guessing you couldn't sleep," Ran said as he copied her position beside her. "I can hear you pace back and forth in your room,"

"I didn't keep you up did I?" She asked, her tone lacking. 

Ran shook his head. "I couldn't sleep anyway," He sighed. "Questions kept me up, not your pacing," He assured. 

"I guess this is the part where I tell you everything," She took a deep breath. "I bet you want me to begin at the very beginning," 

Ran waited patiently, he was informed by Kakucho that Y/n had regained her suppressed memories since G/n could no longer drug her anymore. 

"I was 15, turning 16 that year when I found out my mother had made an unbreakable partnership with your uncle's company," She started. "I believe you were around 18 at that time,"