Chapter 6

Ran stared at her. "What do you mean again?" 

"Huh?" She blinked, just realizing what she had said. 

"What do you mean by again?" He repeated his question with a bit more weight. 

"Oh- well uh," She stammered as she took a step back while Ran took a step closer. "Okay, look" Y/n looked him in the eye. "Rin told me not to mention it, but he often tells stories about you and he mentioned that you broke a camera once" 

He stopped, it was weird to hear such an excuse, but then again it sounded like something Rindou would do so it was believable. 

"He said that? Really?" Ran asked, playing his actions smoothly as if he just didn't corner her. "I swear, that kid..."

Y/n sweatdropped. "So... can you step back now? You're really cramping me here" 

"Right, sorry about that" He awkwardly stepped back while averting his gaze. 

"Anyway," She started. "I think I'll go to the bakery instead..." 

Ran felt stupid for suddenly being on edge, he just couldn't help but be paranoid after seeing the things he saw prior to this moment. 

"Should I-" 

"No, that won't be necessary" Y/n cut him off. "I'll get there on my own," She gave him a pursed smile and quickly left. 

He watched her go straight towards the stairs and soon disappear from his view, when he can no longer see or hear her footsteps, he let himself fall to lean on a table with a heavy sigh. 

"Damn it Ran, you're so stupid... stop being paranoid..." He scolded himself as he reflected on what he did. 

While he was staring at the floor, he noticed something, a small object just beside his feet and on closer inspection, it was a flash drive. 

It wasn't there before so he was sure it was Y/n who dropped it while they were rushing out of that hidden room. 

Of course, he picked it up and didn't even hesitate to put it in his pocket. He wanted to know more about her, and her 'connection' to their old Y/n. 

Just why is this new Y/n keep on showing signs as if she was the old Y/n that they knew before? As much as he hates to contradict what he said to Rin, he was also starting to believe she was her. 

And he hated it. 

.

.

.

"You found this in M/n's office?" Sanzu asked as he observed the flash drive.

Ran nodded. "And there's also a hidden room that can be opened by a button hidden under the desk"

"And you know all of these because?" The pink-haired male looked at him with a careful gaze. 

"Y/n showed me" He answered. "Well, she technically didn't. She asked for help and I just found out along the way."

Sanzu hummed before he handed the small device to Mochi who has his laptop in front of him. "...I don't know if we're fucked, or if we did something..." He muttered. 

"Why?" Ran asked before he sat beside Mochi to see what he saw on the drive, Sanzu also sat beside Mochi. 

"What're you three up to?" 

Sanzu, Mochi, and Ran looked up in sync and saw Rindou standing by the door looking at them suspiciously. 

The other two looked at Ran as if waiting for him to answer his little brother, they wanted him to decide whether to tell Rindou or not.