Chapter 15

Another day passed and Sakkaku Y/n found more evidence that could possibly lead to the truth about L/n Y/n's death. As she got home, Y/n got an unexpected visit from someone she'd never met before, or at least that's what she thought, the person was inside her home, clearly waiting for her. 

Nothing felt out of place so she never expected that someone had broken in. The mysterious person was just standing idly in her living room, acting as if they were a guest rather than someone who had broken in. 

"Who are you and how'd you get in?" Sakkaku Y/n asked cautiously. 

The person was wearing all black, and even their face was covered. "That doesn't matter, you'll forget this later on," The person said. 

"So, this isn't the first time we met," The detective deducted. "What do you need from me," 

"Being straight to the point, as always, I really like that about you," The mysterious person said. "Tell me, are you having fun? did you find something that'll help with your personal agenda?" 

Sakkaku Y/n narrowed her gaze. "Okay, so you know more about me than what I would like, are you a stalker?" 

"Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart," The figure said as they walked closer to her. "Say, did you find anything new about her?" 

Despite being a complete stranger, Sakkaku Y/n didn't feel any ill intent from them, which was odd since she should really be alert especially when talking to a potential serial killer. 

"What are you talking about?" She questioned with a narrowed gaze. 

"Who else are you investigating?" The masked person sarcastically asked before sighing. 

"Why should I tell you?" Sakkaku Y/n raised a brow. "You do know I'm a cop, right?" 

"You're a detective, and a trainee at that," They replied. "And you will tell me, you always do," 

"You must think highly of yourself if you think that," The other retorted making the mysterious person snicker. 

The mysterious person then spoke. "█ ████ ███ ███ ███, ██████,"

The words that came out of their mouth made Sakkaku Y/n freeze in her spot with horror and shock in her eyes. 

"I've told you that a million times already and yet you always hold the same expression every time," The masked person chuckled in amusement. 

Sakkaku Y/n looked at them with confusion. She stammered her words, completely not having an idea how or what to say to the person standing in front of her. 

"Okay, no need to go through this scenario again... for the millionth time, hold still" They then pulled out an injection gun and shot it into Sakkaku Y/n's neck. 

Sakkaku Y/n was taken aback by their speed, she placed a hand over her neck as the drug took effect. Her breathing became strained as she slowly lost consciousness. "What... did you... do...?" 

The mysterious person stood casually before her, "Should I tell you again? You won't remember a thing anyway. Well, just some recent events," They sighed. "Okay, I guess I'll tell you,"

"I'm erasing some of your memories, just select memories" They explained casually. "You've actually been through this procedure multiple times... and not just you, everyone did." 

"Even I did, before," They continued. "But enough about that-! Get some rest, you're going to feel like shit in the morning, goodnighty~" 

And with that Sakkaku Y/n was completely out cold. The mysterious figure then got a call, they sighed before answering their phone. "Hello?" They ask.