Chapter 24

> > Sanzu's POV < < 

Mikey's right, he always is. 

If Y/n really is planning on using Mikaboshi to put down Bonten, it doesn't matter if Bonten has stronger connections and allies than Mikaboshi.

Because once we're finally face-to-face with the real Y/n, I'm sure none of us will be able to even dare to think of killing her. 

We all heard her, that night, the cries she pleaded, begging to save her from death. And we all just stood there helpless. 

We all felt the guilt, regret, and sorrow that night brought. It wasn't just Kakucho, Takeomi, or Rindou. We all spent time with her, we all got to know her. 

And in our minds and hearts, we know her as Y/n, not the general's daughter, not a wealthy heir, or Falcon, she's just Y/n—our Y/n. 

I couldn't even imagine what Kakucho feels right now, I know he loves her, more than anyone in this room, and to be betrayed by that person... I wouldn't wish to experience it. 

Now I would call myself a hypocrite since I did betray multiple people in the past, but I had my reasons and- 

Yes-! I did have reasons! and I'm sure Y/n has too. 

God, I need sleep. 

We just need to find out what Y/n's reasons are and maybe we can all talk this out... that works, right? Well, it didn't for me, I'd just flat-out kill someone before they could open their mouth. 

But Y/n's not like me. She's sweet, understanding, and very pret- I mean, what was I talking about again?

> > End of Sanzu's POV < < 

"What the hell is happening to your face?" Mochi pointed out.

Sanzu blinked as he was pulled out of his thoughts. "Me?" 

"Yes, you," He replied. "You look like you're having an argument with yourself inside your head,"

The male just brushed his remark off and headed out the door. The others paid no mind to it and continued to discuss their situation amongst themselves. 

Kakucho on the other hand also has the same idea as Sanzu, he knows Y/n more than anyone in Bonten, if anyone could get to the bottom of everything, it would be him. 

He too left the room and was soon followed by Rindou, Takeomi, and Naoto, going their separate ways to who-knows-where.

"Where the hell is everyone going?" Mochi confusedly asked. "What do I-" He stammered, not knowing what he should do.

Kokonoi shrugged as he leaned back onto the chair while crossing his arms. "Let them be, the meeting's over anyway," He then looked over to Ran. "How about you, are you not leaving?" 

The said male just stayed still in his position, mind elsewhere, and gaze spaced out. "I think I need fresh air..." He muttered before exiting as well. 

Kokonoi hummed. "I knew it," He muttered making Mochi turn to look at him questioningly. "I knew we shouldn't have even met," He says referring to Y/n.

"You're just saying that," Mochi said. "I know you cherished every moment, even the shortest, I know you and the others cherished it," 

The black-haired male just stared at his hand which he fiddled non-stop. "...of course, I do, did," He admitted. "but this group is my family, I don't want to lose it,"