✦𝐀 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ:  demoiselettes

“Teach me how to kiss.”

You very nearly impaled yourself on your sword. He seemed unimpressed by your near-death experience. His unfocused blue eyes remained glued to your own as you shakily sheathed back your sword in its scabbard. You must have mis-heard, right?

“Pardon?” Your voice came out shrill. You ran a hand through your hair to smooth it back down due to how disheveled it’d gotten from your training.

He sighed. “I asked you to teach me how to kiss. I’ve never kissed before.”

“And why the sudden interest?” You countered. Your eyes darted to anywhere but his face. “And also, what makes you think i know how to kiss?”

He shrugged, nonchalantly kicking away a pebble. “I’m curious to what it feels like. Besides, you’re pretty. Haven’t you had a lover before?”

Ah, now your mind was a jumble of thoughts fighting for dominance to be the one you ought to reflect on. You turned your head to the side and slid your sword into the belt that hung around your waist, doing your best to appear suave and calm. But you could feel his gaze on your fingers. He could see them shaking. And your heart was beating so harshly you were afraid it’d burst out of your ribcage.

“Not to appear rude, Tokito-san, but you’re-supposed to be helping me out with my swings..” you trailed off. He narrowed his eyes ever so lightly at you.

“But they are becoming less and less precise. At this rate you’ll behead yourself.”

He was right, of course, but that didn’t make his statement any more embarrassing to you. It’s been hours since you’ve began training and your arm was just about ready to fall off. At this point you were just delaying what was seemingly becoming the inevitable.

You..didn’t mind kissing him. You’d always thought he was kind of cute. But he was a hashira and you were a Kanoto, surely he wouldn’t have ever taken an interest in you. And it’s not like being a Demon Slayer gave you much leeway to be in a relationship. Besides, your mentor had always told you not to rush in finding a partner.

You are still so young, she’d said. You have a duty to complete.

And the most disturbing part, was figuring out why he suddenly wanted to kiss you. Was he interested in another girl? The mist pillar wouldn’t simply use you to try and woo someone else, would he?

Your cheeks were suddenly being pulled on and you whined, trying to swat away his hands. « Ow! Stop-«  you grumbled. « Tokito-san! »

You could have been imagining it, but there was the slightest ghost of a smile on his face. « We made a deal. I’d help you out with your swings and you’d help me out with something. You have to make good on your promise, »

Oh, so you can barely remember my name but you can remember that? If only you could say it outloud.

You resigned yourself to your fate with a strong exhale. « But i don’t know how to kiss. I’ve never kissed before, » the words came out hot and fast. Your cheeks were burnt.

« Oh, » for the first time since you’ve met him, he seemed truly stumped. « Oh.. okay. » his hands fell to his sides and he settled for simply staring you down. It was unnerving to be his main focus of attention, his gaze was soft but also..so intense. You felt like he could see through you. But goodness, he had such pretty eyes. They were like glass.

Then he was leaning towards you and you felt heat creep up your cheeks again. You sucked in a breath and screwed your eyes shut, your shoulders tensed, your fists instinctively clenched. Then there was the faintest smell of daikon, and chapped lips were pressed against your cheek. Your eyes snapped open and for a moment you forgot you how to breathe. He didn’t pull away immediately either, he let his lips linger on your skin for seconds that might as well have been hours and then did he pulled away, just the slightest but he was still pretty much in your face. He wouldn’t stop staring at you.

« I think this is good for a start. » he announced. His voice dripped with undetected smugness. Which you had the chance to detect.

Just when you thought you’d pass out because gosh darn it you were beginning to feel light-headed, a loud thud resonated from behind you and both Muichiro and you looked back to see the love hashira on the ground.