✦𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

You weren't sure if it was the heat or the lack of breaks from training, but you were starting to feel sick. The thought crossed your mind to let Muichiro know, but then you instantly felt even sicker to your stomach. You finally felt like you were beginning to earn his respect and praise, to tell him now you needed a break seemed shameful.  

You felt the heat pound upon your head, and you noticed spots started to appear in your vision. You closed your eyes and shook your head trying to stay focused.  

Just as you opened your eyes Muichiro was moving to strike you and you barely dodged him. Strike back you told your body and as you picked up your sword, you saw the spots cluster together. On top of this you had an overwhelming feeling of needing to lie down. You tried to fight back but your body revolted and gave way underneath you.  

You felt the soft grass under your cheek as the spots began to cloud your vision blocking out any sun. The last thing you managed to see was Muichiro running towards you.  

Your eyes opened and you recognized the ceiling of Muichiro's mansion instantly. Oh crap. You must have passed out. You sat up quickly in bed but immediately felt a hand on your shoulder. 

"Rest." Muichiro said as he pushed you back down.  

"Master Tokito, I am sorry. I must have passed out. I'm not weak, I promise, let's get back to training." You said trying to sit up again but Muichiro's hand did not budge and kept you lying down.  

"Do not apologize. It is me who should be apologizing. I should have recognized I was pushing you to your limit. I am sorry. Rest for the remainder of the day."  

"The remainder of the day? The Tokito I know would say that is a waste of time." 

"This is not a waste of time. It is a valuable lesson. Listen to how your body feels right now. It is important to know the signs of your body telling you you're reaching your limit. Practice your recovery breathing right now." 

"Ok..." You did as told and began recovery breathing. 

"One more thing. If you ever feel as you did just now out on a mission, you call for me right away. Understood?" Muichiro said with eyes wide.  

"Understood." You said looking down. No matter what Muichiro said you felt ashamed you passed out during training. He must be thinking about how weak you were or wondering how you even made it this far. "I'll try harder tomorrow. I promise I'm getting stronger." You said without making eye contact with Muichiro, you were afraid you wouldn’t be able to hold back the tears that were forming. The shame was starting to swell up in your throat and make it hard to continue recovery breathing. 

"Who said you weren't getting stronger? The past few days I have been holding back less and less with you. You've far surpassed your skills when you first came to me. I am proud of how hard you have worked and to call you my Tsuguko." Muichiro said and moved his hand to pat the top of your head. His words of praise made the tears finally fall but you couldn’t help but giggle at his head pats.  

"You're petting me like a dog now?" You laughed. 

"Does this not make you feel better?" 

"It actually does... but a hug would be better." You said finally looking up at him. Muichiro had just noticed the tears in your eyes. He couldn't explain it but your devotion to wanting to make him proud warmed his chest and knowing you felt discouraged hurt him worse than any demon ever had. 

Muichiro moved suddenly and awkwardly, wrapping his arms around you and pulled you into his chest.  

"Like this?" He asked and you could hear his words rumble in his chest. 

"Yes, this is perfect."