✦𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮✦

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: slayfics

You arrived quickly to the village that your crow had led you to. According to your crow the village was under attack by a horde of demons and some Mizunoto ranks were dying trying to protect the village.

The village was indeed under a massive attack of demons. Usually there weren't this many in one place. You wondered what was going on but quickly got to work slashing off as many demon heads as you could.

"Thank goodness a higher rank!" One of the Mizunoto's yelled.

"Stay behind me!" You yelled, slashing another demon. Just then a crow flew overhead.

"TWO HASHIRA APPROACHING!" It announced.

"Two Hashria?? They don't trust me? I can handle this!" You yelled out of frustration taking down another demon. You were determined to take out as many demons before the Hashira arrived but within seconds they were both on the scene.

A smile spread across your face when you noticed mist begin to form around the village. You knew this meant Muichiro was one of the Hashira's to join the battle.

"Don't worry we will take it from here." You heard and felt a hand placed on your shoulder. You turned to see Shinobu standing behind you.

"Yeah right, you can't count me out of the fight that quickly!" You stated defiantly. A gleam in Shinobu's eyes told you that she would have scolded you for defying a Hashira if she had the time. Instead a calm but piercing look was all she gave you as she jumped into the battle.

Some of the lower ranks were still in the middle of the fight struggling to fall back. You found yourself helping and protecting them.

Shinobu was effortless gliding between demons taking them down quicker than your eyes could follow. While Muichiro was stationed by the village chief ensuring his safety.

The demons weren't particularly challenging but with the added task of keeping villagers and lower ranks safe, was proving difficult.

You were in the middle of moving a lower rank out of the way of a demon's attacks when another demon took that split second you were off guard to its advantage. You and the lower rank didn't notice its quick attack from behind before it was too late.

Less than a split second to react you tried to place yourself in the way of the lower rank to take the attack. You braced for the attack but instead were greeted by a gust of mist flashing by, the next sound was the thud of the demon's head hitting the floor.

You looked over to the chief where Muichiro had been only to see him still there. Had he really been that fast to protect you and make it back to the chief before you could even blink? You shook the thought out of your mind for now and focused back on the battle.

With both Hashira there it didn't take much longer for the whole village to be rid of demons. Villagers were lining the streets praising and thanking all the corps members.

Muichiro quickly made his way over to you.

"Are you alright??" He asked, analyzing you for any injuries.

"I am, thanks to you." You said, smiling at the Hashira.

“That was admirable prioritizing the saftey of the Mizunoto over your own. That’s what any Hashira would have done.” Muichiro said, causing a blush to form on your face. Muichiro began to speak again but was interrupted.

"Hmm... that is strange Tokito." Shinobu said, appearing behind the Hashira. "It appeared to me that you left your stationed post by the village chief to protect a corps member. I couldn't have seen that right though could I? As that would have been against corps rules." She said accusingly at Muichiro.

Muichiro's face quickly turned from concern for you back to his usual stoic expression. You thought you actually picked up some annoyance in his new expression.

"You have such big eyes I would be surprised if you saw something wrong." Muichiro responded, turning to face the other Hashira. Shinobu blinked out of surprise from Muichiro's words. She was unsure of how to respond to the Hashria who was usually reserved with few words.

"Is that all then? Looks like we are done here." Muichiro said, turning away from Shinobu again.

"Tokito." She called after him. Muichiro stopped but did not turn around to face Shinobu.

"It's best to keep your biases off the battlefield you know."

"Great advice, I will relay that message to Tomioka." Muichiro said then vanished. Shinobu looked taken back for a second time at Mucihrio's words.

"He could have at least pretended to care about the other corps members' injuries. Oh well... You do take care now." Shinobu said to you as she left to inspect the injuries of the Mizunoto ranks.