Her problem

Cas Pov.

  Kai came home with a giant wheel of cheese which made me laugh, "what are you going to do with this? Is this normal grocery shopping for you?" I snorted.

   "It's good to see you smile. I just wanted to celebrate your good news."

   "Who said I had good news." I teased.

   Kai's facial expression changed and she shook her head,"you would be crying or a nervous wreck right now Mrs. Braxton if you didn't know by now."

  "Oh, because you know me so well wife."

   "Yes, actually, I studied your whole family for years."

   "Oh and what did you find out my family is a whole bunch of killers" I rolled my eyes but I saw Kai tense up.

   Her body language changed, "you know?" She stated and I was taken aback but then she laughed. Oh really now it was her turn to joke and I pushed her shoulder.

  She pushed my body back against the fridge and I could hear the bowls move around. We were waiting for the chef, I think. I don't know what we were doing. My whole time in this marriage has been chaos and confusion. What I did know is our breath was hot against each other. Her hand settled on my hip bone and her nails dug into me, "Ka-"

   "Will you love birds get out of my kitchen with that nonsense!? It's not even time for desert. Go to the bedroom. Please."

My body stiffened at the sentence and Kai noticed and backed away, "cmon let's go sit in the lounge and talk."

We sat down quietly. Life seems to be different here. It's always changing and I feel as if there's a secret behind everything we do as if there is a master plan I am unaware of.

"I don't trust you." I blurted out.

"Okay."

"It's not even that like you're safe but you shouldn't be. You're too dangerous. I live in your house but I don't know you and yet all of my time seems to be spent with you."

"Okay."

"You act so indifferent. Don't you have feelings or thoughts?"

"I do."

"See! This is what I'm talking about so many unnecessary secrets."

"Do you really want to know what goes in my head?"

"Why wouldn't I? I am stuck here with you anyways. Whether I like it or not right, because that was the deal right? Otherwise, you swore that blood will spill."

  "You would think that."

   "Is it not true?"

   Kai closed her eyes and tilted her head back. I straightened my back and reached over for her hand and continued, "Are we on the same side?"

   "Okay, you want honesty?" She mumbled with her eyes closed.

   "Please."

   Her eyes shot open and the contact alone made me feel small, "One fact is that I am a villain, but I am now your villain. Therefore, you may have the right to know that I have murdered. I have lied. I have been in compromising positions with men and women alike. I am ruthless and I will not hesitate to defend what is my birth right. I despise your family and I will kill your dad one day, but not because I am a monster but because his deals have been murky and snakes can only hide in the garden for so long before they reveal themselves. And before you try to defend the man I want you to know that Your father has created many enemies over seas and I have swayed many of them to tread cautiously due to the fear mg name brings people, but he is now a sub faction to my family name since this arrangement and he has put a target on everyone's back. There is so much the Princess of the Claire family has never been exposed to because your brother was supposed to be in this with me and not you. And as much as I love the chemistry we are creating I don't think you can handle the responsibilities of this relationship."