The Challenge

Kai POV.

Cassandra came home late, but only with 2 bags in her arms, "for being out all day, you sure didn't bring much home."

   She sighed, "I have never in my life had stores all to myself, but I do not spend money on things I don't absolutely love. Plus, I can't drain your account dry."

   "The day someone is able to drain my account dry is a day pigs will fly" I replied.

"Ok," she laughed and shook her head as she went into the closet.

I settled into bed and turned on the TV while looking over invites to the next Braxton Gathering. This will be Cassandra's first event as a host, but this party is... well, let's say it's a different type of party.

I looked over to her in her night gown and slightly nodded my head in appreciation. She smiled back at me and got under the covers. Ever since that incident she has become more comfortable with me which I am appreciative of.

"What are you looking over?" She asked while peaking over my shoulder.

"These are the accepted invites for our event next week. Miss Dawson will bring you a packet to study and learn from tomorrow morning so nothing to worry about too much. I would just keep an open mind."

"Oh."Her peppy tone changed.

"What's wrong? Do you not want to? I mean I can do it this time while you still learn."

-N-no, that's not it. It's just why can't you help me? Why do you always pawn me off to Miss Dawson?" She asked sheepishly.

   "Well, I figured you'd be more comfortable with her. As you are the one who clearly stated you hate me, I am a monster, and I am a abomination in interviews about our arrangement."

   She looked hurt by such accusations, but I didn't say anything to be mean. I was simply stating facts and being thoughtful. She rolled over and huffed as I put down the papers and turned off the electronics in the room.

   Right before we both went to sleep she said, "Can't wait for you to help me plan the party tomorrow."

Fuckkk. I don't want to do this tomorrow.