Her Lie

Kai POV.

I watched her enter the lobby. The anticipation and happiness radiating off of her made my heart feel alive. The desire I had to make this broken girl whole was unlike anything I have ever felt. A part of me felt bad for lying to her, but honestly I lie to everyone. I have many names and many talents.

   She hasn't even questioned me about the drug incident I guess the many years studying psychology has paid off. I mean gaslighting can be very effective to a little person. Hopefully, I can build her up and maybe be honest with her one day.

   The least I can do is help her achieve her dreams before I come for her family. They haven't breached their contract yet, but I know something is coming and my head won't be served on a platter.

  When she left I looked down at my phone to see if she would call me with the good news. There was no call. I waited in my office and eventually each candidate came to pick up there envelope. Immediately calling loved ones to share the exciting news. She was probably too excited to call me or maybe she had to call others.

   It's not like she really loved me we are only an arrange partnership. Even though I am infatuated with every piece that makes her whole, I know I cannot force her feelings. Toy with them and tease them... but not actually create the lustful desire.

   LaCher came into my office, Mrs Braxton, all of the applicants you wanted have picked up their invitation letter. "Shall I take my leave now?"

  She sat at the end of my desk and picked a piece of lent off my shoulder. Our eyes locked together, "what alias last name did she choose?"

   "She hasn't responded to the letter yet." She sighed and her had caressed my cheek.

   "Interesting." I leaned into her hand.

  "You know you shouldn't lie as much as you do. All of these burdens and secrets you have will catch up with you one day."

   "I know Cherieeee, but it's not today."

   "You told her you were getting groceries."

   "Okay and?"

   "Do you plan to go home to her with nothing?"

   Fuck. I didn't even think about the fact I will have to return home with food items. Seeing the stressed look on my face LaCher smirked and stood up from my desk and continued, "there is a fresh block of cheese to make authentic Alfredo, chicken, and veggies. The chef will know what to do."

  "Thank you."

   "No, thank you Mrs. Braxton."

   "Please, don't call me that here. I am the tormented ghost of these halls."

   "You are the future. A crazy bitch sometimes, but the future for a lot of people who will never even know it -including that girl you have at home waiting for you." She clicked her heels as she stopped in the doorway.

   "She's not in love with me."

   "Maybe not yet, but she will be. Everyone ends up in love with you."

   "Everyone except you" I joked.

   "I owe you my life..." she paused as the elevator button dinged and then she stepped in and looked me straight in the eye, "but, do not make such crude jokes to me dear sister. Now, if you want me to prepare her for what's to come then you need to go home and make her answer the letter so I can finish my job and go to bed at a decent hour."

  I laid back in my chair and dialed the drivers number in my phone, "hello, swing around the back."

Dear readers I hope you enjoy so far. Please remember to comment and vote for more frequent chapters :)