The Surpirse

Cassandra POV.

   A few days later, I felt much better. Kai's warm hands covered my eyes as she lead me outside. Ever since we kissed falling into the pool, my mind has raced. I never thought I could develop an attraction to the same sex, but her mysteriousness and dominance became a serious attraction.

  As I thought of all the things she could do with her hands, I heard a loud familiar scream.

   "OH MY GAWDDD!! This place is sooo beautiful!! Look at you you're glowing!!" Shelby hugged me tightly around my waist.

  "SHELBY! Ahhhh" I nuzzled my face into hers as she spun me around.

   Kai stood amused behind me. After our short reunion I went over to her and kissed her on the cheek to show my appreciation, "Thank you, really, thank you so much."

   "Anytime, love."

   Shelby pouted her lip, "aww where's my rich arrange marriage with a total hunk."

   Kai laughed, "well, what's your type? Murderers, saints from old money, or wealthy individuals who would do anything to maintain their powerful status?"

My eyes widened as she quoted me from the dinner party. Shelby laughed thinking Kai was being sarcastic. However, I know deep down that what she said was for real.

"I cannot believe you didn't invite me over until now!? What too you so long and why aren't you answering your phone? I thought Kai may have killed you." She laughed and then glanced over at my wife.

"Oh yea uh sorr-" I began.

"That was me. I just wanted to spend some quality time, so we could get to know each other and become more comfortable with each other. I got us new phones so we could both start fresh with our new lives. Here you go." She finished my sentence and then handed me an iPhone.

"Wow, this isn't even an iPhone that is out yet." Shelby snatched it out of my hand.

"Yep, and it won't ever be out. It is custom built we have the only two versions that will ever be made of this." Kai smirked.

"Wow, see Cassie! A forced marriage into a rich, and scary, significant other has its perks. Please kidnap me next."

I was glad they seemed to get along well. Moment slayer Dax showed up with a blacked out Dodge Charger. Kai opened the back door for us and helped us into the car while kissing both of our hands as we stepped in. Kai was about to close the door, but I stopped her.

"Aren't you coming with us?"

"No, I want you guys to have a nice girls day. I'm afraid I have to stay here and help Carl since his mini Chef is sick anyway. "

"Oh okay." I was a little bummed.

"I didn't think you would miss a monster like me so much, I can cancel-"

"No, no it's okay. Maybe just schedule something for us to do another day. I'll bring you back something nice."

"I like that idea. Also, remember don't talk to any paparazzi." She looked at Shelby as she said that.

"Jeez who do you think I am?" She said offendedly, "if I wanted to die I would've just brought you a gun to kill me. Plus, I want to come and visit you guys all the time in your little paradise."

Little did she know Kai already had a gun attached to her hip. Instead of engaging in banter, Kai just shut the door as she was babbling and Dax began to drive us to Emerald Way, an exclusive mall for rich individuals.

As we were driving Shelby turned toward me, "okay tell me all of the details. You two haven't killed each other yet and by that you are in one piece unharmed!?"

"There isn't much to tell. She has been very calm and kind." I sighed.

"Wow so are all the rumors about her not true?"

"Now, I didn't say that either."

Shelby just nodded her head and came up with her own conclusions, "well as long as you're happy and she doesn't hurt you I won't have to beat her up."

We both laughed and gossiped about all of the family tea. She asked me what I planned to do in the fall and I told her how I was still waiting for a reply for the internship with Toni Brakax. Our conversation was cut short once we arrive to the mall. Dax escorted us to the entrance where we had to show our ID's.

I pulled out mine first, Dax stopped me and took my purse and pulled out a wallet I have never seen before. First thing he handed them was a chrome black card that had 'Braxton' engraved with a shiny red. He then took my old ID and put it in his pocket and replaced it with a different one.

The guards didn't even look at Shelby's ID, they just waved us through. Shelby and I looked at each other astonished.

   "This is going to be fun!" We whispered yellowed as we followed Dax into our first store.