The Wrath of Kai

Kai POV.

  I kept a close eye on Cassandra all night. I wanted to see what she would do outside her comfort zone alone. She seemed to observe her surrounding a lot which is good. However, her skills were not good enough for the Braxton legacy.

   I could almost name everyone here based on their clothes, but as a host I should know all of my guests. Except one. The woman in red.

   The security cameras were not in yet, so I don't know who she came with or how she got in, but I am going to find out. I just have to be careful not to break pleasantries.

   I notified Dax who was unresponsive. There is something incredibly wrong. I need to remain calm and sort out all of my chickens. However, everyone had a partner and not one person was out of place, so who is this girl. Jealousy. Am I jealous? Is this that feeling of paranoia?? No, it can't be.

   After the girl left outside I signaled a staff member to tail them so we could find out who she is and how she got in. I walked inside and went to my study to look at my guest list one more time. Maybe she was a new heir to one of the families less prominent so I cannot remember who she is off the top of my head.

   A few moments later, I saw the door crack open as light came from the hall way. Then a few moments after that the door opened wider and another figure entered the room. I slowly reached for my night vision spectacle my grandfather gave me and to my surprise there were two women in my bedroom. One fumbling around for something and the other standing close behind.

  I reached for my gun as I heard my name spoken in a panicked tone and saw a knife pressed against her neck. I slowly slipped out of the dark corner of the room ready to save my wife.

   A women's voice spoke, "Kai? No baby, I am a whole different woman." She chuckled, "It's a real shame because you actually made me like you."

   I paused and rotated around them slowly.

   Cassandra murmured, "why are you doing this then!?"

   "Because orders are orders. I don't want to hurt your beautiful face, so just tell me where Kai is hiding and maybe I'll buy your widowed ass dinner and make you my wife." The other woman spoke.

   "I don't know where she is. Not like I'd tell you anyways."

   "Have it your way, we will sit here and wait. If you make one sound you will be die quickly."

   "How do you know me? Why are you doing this is? I don't understand?" She whispered yelled.

   "Well I know you from two events. You helped take care of an innocent girl who tripped on my foot this morning morning and then you kept me company all night long."

   Cassandra's breath hitched there was silence so I stopped moving around until someone spoke again. My blood boiled I knew someone tried to kill me
earlier, but it wasn't the maids fault. She was being used as collateral damage. But still I knew something was not right but I had no time to celebrate as I tried to get behind the lady in the red dress who was also my assassin from earlier today.

   "Look, I want to help you. I really do, but Kai and I don't even sleep in the same bed, so you really should go to the other wing if you want her." She lied.

   "Why should I trust you?" The lady in red questioned as she shoved Cassandra onto the sofa with the knife still close to her neck, but not on it.

  I made my way behind the intruder and Cassandra continued, "you think I wanted an arranged marriage when every girl dreams of finding their true love?" She scoffed, a part of me felt truth Ik that statement, not for me but for her.

   "Yeah, your predicament is enough. No one wants to be married to a monstrous villain anyways. Plus, I guess if you were aligned with her, most people in your shoes would have stayed with Kai the whole night, but you seemed to avoid her. You said she's in the other wing, what room?"

   "I don't know exactly it's only been a short time since I was here but it's the only room with a green door."

   "Thank you. I promise you're making the best decision for everyone." She leaned in from behind Cassandra and whispered in her ear.

   I was just about to shoot this woman, until Cassandra swung her head backwards.

   The woman screamed, "you dirty little bitch!" and swung her knife in front of her almost scratching Cas' eye. I holstered my gun in the belt of my pants as I took this woman into a chokehold and demobilized her right arm causing the weapon to drop. I held her as Cassandra ran outside the room screaming for help until she was unconscious. I took zip tips from my study and made sure she was easily transportable to her first official hell and her body would be found dead in a months time -if ever.

    Dax and Miss Dawson entered the room with Cassandra a few moments later. One thing Cas was right about is I am all three, but I am also so much worse and I will find whoever is responsible and end their bloodline before they know it.