The Girl

Kai POV.

She did not look like the happiest bride, but she was the most elegant. I watched her handle herself with class once put on the spot in front of her most intimate relatives and some of my selected witnesses.

I left the room once I saw her take the pen into her hand. Once she was escorted into the limo, I decided to greet her. Until she lunged toward my face, I caught her with moments to spare. Our lips almost touched. Her scent was intoxicating. I wanted to take her right then and there, but there's a matter of business first, so I will have to control myself.
"Did you want to kiss me, that bad princess?" I whispered into her ear.

"What!? No, but the least you could've done was show up. I never asked for any of this." She huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes we do not get to choose our own paths, and our paths choose us" I moved her body closer to mine.

She pushed me away, "I do not like you. Do not touch me."

I smirked, "You are an aggressive one. I will excuse your behavior as it seems like my lack of devotion has triggered you, but may I remind you it is not your job to like me. It is your job to love and respect me as per the contract. I do wish you read carefully. For both of our sakes." I hurried by her as her body seemed to go into shock.

The car came to a halt, and Dax opened the door. I looked him up and down as a thank you. He bowed his head, and I left her to recollect herself before entering her new life.

I entered my study and reviewed the contracts carefully to make sure everything was set in place. Our empire is growing, which leads to more openings for power-hungry individuals to slip through the cracks. Our foundation is strong, but I know cockroaches are hiding themselves as friends. Now, I need evidence.

A few hours later, a light knock tapped at my door.