The White Dress

Cassandra POV.

We walked into Regalia Lux, a new lace of elegance and sex. Dax grew uncomfortable and Shelby giggled. I got it from here, you can wait outside. She grabbed my hand and Dax sighed in relief.

I don't need much, but sometimes it's nice to look around. I've missed hanging out with Shelby. Regalia Lux provided live models to showcase outfits at all times and the store was very well lit. As we were about to leave one clothing item caught my eye. I circled around the girl who stopped and bowed her head down to let me take it all in.

This dress was see through and I thought Kai would appreciate me trying to be sexy for her. I wanted to show her my appreciation for her taking care of me.

"Girl, this is so hot! You need to try it on." Shelby said and went to go find a manager.

The model went behind her curtain and took off the dress. She then held it for me to grab, but right as I went to reach for it another woman came and took it.

"Excuse me, this is mine." She scoffed.

"Considering she was handing it to me and I was here first I don't think so."

"Aww baby, you think you'd even fit into this dress! Haaa!"

Not wanting to play into her mind games I reached for the dress and she screamed. Right as I let go to watch her fall a few steps backward the store manager came up with Shelby.

"What's going on here ladies?" He asked.

I was about to speak, but the woman cut me off, "This girl, is trying to steal my dress. See it's in my hand!"

"No, the worker took off the dress for me to try on and as she handed it to me this woman snatched it out of my hand." I replied calmly.

"Mr. Manager we can clearly tell who is higher in status here. Obviously, you know I am an executive customer here. Therefore, I get priority on all of the store items."

The manager turned to me and a fuming Shelby, "Unfortunately, we do operate on a status bracket ladies and Miss Cawaski is one of our very top members. I am happy to show you two around to similar dress as everything in the store is one of a kind? I am sorry, I've never seen you guys in the store before, who do I have the pleasure of helping?"

"I am Mrs. Braxton and this is Miss Periguni, we completely understand the store policies."

The manager laughed, "you are not Mrs. Braxton. I would know Mrs Braxton. Please don't feel shy of your status I will help you."

Shelby chuckled as I spoke, "I am Claire Braxton the wife of Kai Braxton. I do not lie."

His eyes went wide, "sorry I don't mean to disrespect. I just didn't know she was married or engaged, would you mind if I ask for proof?"

I took out my new ID and then provided him the black chrome card that said Braxton. I didn't think eyes could get any bigger. There smug woman grew irritable as the manger mumbled a handful of apologies and took the dress out of her hand. He then called for all of the employees to escort every customer outside the building.

"Why didn't you show this sooner?! Do you even know what you are holding?!" He came back and asked out of breath.

Shelby and I looked at each other and said "no," at the same time.

"That is the highest card in the facility. It gives you private access to each store where staff just assists you and your needs. There is only one card and you have scored it. I am so sorry. A thousand apologies, if I would have known I would've never let her even speak her peace. Please, follow me, we will get you settled away and I will take your measurements to make sure we style personal items for you monthly."

As we went to pay, the manager wouldn't take our money, "you wearing our things is enough payment, please have a good day and come back soon. Again I am so sorry for the inconvenience and it will never happen again."

We thanked him and told him not to worry about it. Shelby and I knew Kai was rich, but we didn't know she was that rich. When we went outside the store we found Dax with a smug look on his face and the irritated lady tapping her foot waiting for the worker to let her back inside. I hit Dax's shoulder lightly.

"You could have told me about everything!"

"Why when it's so much more fun to experience it," he shrugged his shoulders and chuckled.