28- Engagement Party: Part 2

Stefan's POV

I woke up to the sound of Isabella's loud whimpers for the fifth time this morning. She's been up every few hours in the night, crying and whimpering. We thought that she was coming down with a cold or potentially teething as she's never been this restless before. It broke my heart when she woke up crying, I never wanted her to be ill or to experience any pain, not matter how unrealistic that request was. As I started to get out of bed I noticed Elena was still fast asleep, which didn't surprise me since both of us were up several times in the night to tend to Isabella. Since neither of us got any sleep last night I decided to let Elena sleep in whilst I took Isabella down stairs to calm her down. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and walked into Isabella's room. Her whimpers had begun to die down as she saw me enter the room. I walked over to her cot, lifted her out and carried her down stairs.
"Let's get you some breakfast before you wake mummy up." I whispered as I kissed her lightly on the head before I placed her into her high chair and strapped her in. I couldn't believe that she was already six months old, it felt like yesterday when she could barely lift her head off the ground. Now she has solid foods and it was scary just how fast she was growing up. I made up her breakfast and started to feed her. She was so funny when she tried to grab the spoon from me or when she opened her mouth for more food when she hadn't finished what was already in her mouth. She was so cheeky and cute, just like her mother.

Once she was finished eating, I sat her on her play mat and gave her a couple of toys to play with. Whilst she was occupied I did the dishes and decided to make Elena's favourite breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs and bacon. As I was cooking the bacon I saw Elena come down the stairs, rubbing her eyes.
"Hey baby," I said as she approached me.
"Hey," she said as I lightly kissed her temple.
I turned to face her. "I've fed Isabella, now I'm making your favourite breakfast," I stated.
"Thank you. You know you could've woken me up," she said as she sat down at the table.
"I could of but, I wasn't going to. Neither of us got any sleep last night so I wanted to let you rest and get more sleep," I explained as I saw her smile weakly.
"Are you okay though? You got less sleep than I did," she said, concern laced in her tone.
"I'm fine. I'm more concerned about you. Are you up for tonight?" I asked whilst plating up the food.
"Yeah I guess... I'll be fine. Although, I'm looking forward to seeing my parents again," she said as I placed the food on the table.
"Thank you," she said as I sat down. I smiled at her before we both began eating.
"Did Caroline text you the details last night?" I asked.
"Yeah she did. It's at 7 and at a hall, I can't remember the name of it," she explained as I nodded.
"I'll drive if you want me to," I offered. She nodded her head as she smiled at me.
"I do need to buy something nice to wear. I don't have anything to wear to it," she explained as we both finished eating.
"Well, once we're all dressed, I'll take you down to the nice shop you like and we can buy you an outfit there," I suggested. Her smile grew at my plan, which made me smile.
We put our plates in the sink. "Thank you. That would be great," she gleamed.
"Anything for you," I said as I came up from behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She tilted her head back and rested it against my upper chest as she embraced me. We simply stood there, holding onto one another for a further five minutes. Five minutes of bliss.
"I love you," I whispered into her hair, kissing her head lightly afterwards.
"I love you too," she said into my chest. I love moments like these with her, they made my day so much better. All I wanted to do is hold Elena in my arms.

Elena's POV

After we all finished getting dressed, Stefan drove us all to my favourite clothes shop. I picked out a scarlet coloured, lace skater dress with matching heels to go. It was so fun to go out and shop with Stefan and Isabella. I think Stefan secretly enjoyed himself too.
After we got home, we still had a few hours until we needed to start getting ready so we decided just to watch movies with Isabella. I snuggled up to Stefan as he rested Isabella against his chest, who was now fast asleep. I could definitely tell she was coming down with a cold since she's been sleeping during the day a lot more recently. He wrapped his arm around my waist as my arm was laid across his torso. I felt so safe and secure in his arms. He always made me feel like the happiest girl in the world, no matter what he did. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was being woken up with a shower of kisses on my face. As my eyes fluttered open I saw Stefan in front of me.
"Babe, we've got to get ready. We need to be there in an hour," he said in a whispered, calming tone. I nodded along, still being half asleep.
"Okay, I'll go and do my make-up." I rubbed my eyes and started to get up.
"I'll get Isabella ready, so don't worry about her," he said as he gave me a light kiss on my forehead.
"Thank you." I smiled as I gave him a quick peck on the lips and went to get ready. It didn't take me long as I only put on a small amount of make-up, curled my hair into loose waves and slipped on my dress and shoes. Once I was done I made my way downstairs to see Stefan looking as hot as ever in a white, button down shirt, black trousers and a black blazer. When he saw me, his jaw dropped.
"Do I look okay?" I asked as I approached him.
"Wow, babe... you look stunning," he said as he pulled me in closer to him. I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.
"You really think so?" I asked.
"You look amazing like always," he said bringing his hand up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. After, his hand returned back down to my waist.
"Thank you. You look hot today, like always," I giggled. He smiled at me before connecting our lips in a long, drawn out kiss. As we pulled away I noticed Isabella was looking as beautiful as ever in a light pink dress.
"Aw look at you! Don't you look pretty," I said, walking over to Isabella and picking her up. She turned her head towards me and gave me one of her absolutely memorising smiles that I couldn't help but grin at. I lightly kissed her cheek before making my way over to the table.
"Are you ready to go, baby?" Stefan said whilst grabbing Isabella's bag.
"Yeah, I'm just going to grab my purse," I said as I grabbed it and walked to the door with Isabella resting against my hip. We both walked outside and I strapped Isabella into her car seat whilst Stefan locked the door. Once we were both in the car, he ignited the engine and started to drive.
After a ten minute drive, we arrived at the hall and it looked absolutely beautiful, Caroline had really outdone herself. We got there before everyone else but Caroline, Klaus and Bonnie were there sorting things out.
Once she had noticed our presence, Caroline quickly approached us. "Elena! Stefan! You're here!" She squealed and swallowed us in a hug.
"Hey Care, this place looks amazing," I said admiring their decorative skills.
"Why thank you. You guys look great!" she said looking at all three of us. I simply laughed before going to sit down with Stefan and Isabella.
About half an hour later, everyone had arrived and they all looked as if they were having a great time. I barely saw Isabella as everyone wanted to hold and play with her. However, Stefan and I were inseparable; we socialised with all of my family. They were all overjoyed with the news and congratulated us. It felt so good to reconnect with the family, I couldn't have asked for a better party. Everyone was dancing and having a good time. I was relieved with how well the night was going. Stefan and I were talking amongst ourselves until the song 'A drop in the ocean' came on.
"Stef, this is my favourite song. Please dance with me." I pouted, sticking my hand out to him.
"Fine, only because I love you," he said, taking my hand and leading me onto the dance floor. He placed his hands on my lower waist as I slung my arms around his neck. Us dancing together brought back so many memories from high school.
"I think this should be played at our wedding," I said, smiling away.
"You do like this song, don't you?" he smirked as I felt his hands move to hold my sides.
"Yeah, it almost feels like our song," I said smiling.
"Well in that case, I think it'd be perfect to play at the wedding," he said. My smile couldn't grow larger even if I tried. I simply leaned up and connected our lips in a deep, meaningful kiss. Our kiss lasted about a minute before Bonnie and Caroline came over to us.
"Hey guys, so are you enjoying yourselves?" Bonnie asked.
"Very much," I replied as we all started to walk back to the table. We all started to talk for a few minutes until my mum approached us.
"Hey honey. Isabella's asleep so I thought I'd give her to you," my mum said as she rocked Isabella in her arms.
"Hi. Don't worry, I'll take her." I smiled as she placed Isabella over to me.
"Well your dad and I are going to have to go now. So I wanted to just say that I love you both and that we're very happy that you two are engaged and happy," she said with the biggest smile on her face.
"Thank you mum," I said as I gave her a hug. I wasn't able to hug her too tightly as I had Isabella in my arms. Stefan proposing to me was so amazing but having my family be so supportive was just as amazing.

Bonnie's POV

"Caroline, I need to talk to you," I said urgently to Caroline. Her face immediately changed once I had finished my sentence.
"What's wrong?" She asked before pulling me into the restroom. Luckily we got away without Stefan or Elena noticing.
"Okay. This is going to sound really crazy but I really need to tell you," I rambled on. I was so scared to see her reaction to what I had to say.
"I found a spell that will work." I simply said, unable to say anything else.
"For what?" she asked confused.
"Fertility of vampires." I saw her face brighten, clearly oblivious to my worried look.
"What are we waiting for? That's great news. Let's go tell Elena and Stefan!" she exclaimed, pulling me out of the restroom. Before I could say anything else we bumped into Elena and Stefan, the two people I just couldn't face right now.
"Bonnie, are you okay?" Elena asked, obviously seeing how I was almost in tears.
"Bonnie has something to tell you." Caroline blurted out, causing me to feel even more uneasy.
"What?" Elena asked.
"I, uh, I found a spell that can allow you two to have kids," I said quietly. Once it set in what I had said their faces brightened almost instantly. They both looked at each other, smiling.
"Bonnie that's great! But what's wrong? Why do you look so nervous?" She replied.
"The spell I found, is the only spell there is that doesn't require dark magic and, the spell needs two vampires to work. Which means Elena has to become a vampire," I said. Their facial expressions instantly changed into something I've never seen before. I couldn't read their expressions.

AN: Hello again guys! So this was the last chapter of my book. I will be doing an epilogue just to add closure to the book. After I've published the epilogue I will release an 'AN' just to say a few things to all you dedicated readers.
P.S Sorry if this chapter is a little bit disoriented but I needed to build it up to the cliffhanger. But anyway, hope you like it! Don't forget to comment and vote!
-Chelsea x