27- Engagement Party: Part 1

Three weeks later

Elena's POV

Dear diary,
Everything lately has been crazy. I'm now engaged to the love of my life, and have been for three weeks now. I still can't believe that Stefan and I have been together for three years now. Time seems to fly by when I'm with him, he means absolutely everything to me. Caroline and Bonnie have literally been pestering me non-stop about the engagement party. In the end, I just let Caroline plan it, although I wouldn't have it any other way. They may be pestering me about it, but it just shows how much they care.
I'm still having to decide who will be my maid of honour. I honestly want them both to be but obviously I can only have one. Stefan has chosen his best man, which means who ever I choose to be my maid of honour will walk down the aisle with Damon.
I'm so excited about this wedding, I know we haven't planned anything but I can't help but get butterflies in my stomach. Just thinking about a wedding makes my heart swell.

I stopped writing as I felt a familiar presence behind me and felt strong arms wrap around me.
"Stef, what are you doing?" I said, smiling away.
"I'm not doing anything. I'm just hugging my amazingly beautiful fiancée," he said snuggling his head into the curve of my neck, leaving light kisses on my shoulder up to my neck. Just the word 'fiancée' makes my whole body tingle with excitement.
"I have no objection to that," I smiled as he continued to kiss me in my sweet spot.
"Good," he said against my shoulder. Just as I was about to sink into his embrace, I realised I hadn't finished writing in my diary.
"Hang on a second," I said before hearing him give a disappointed sigh. I giggled slightly before quickly writing in my diary.

I'll have to get back to you later.
Love Elena x

Once I finished, I closed my diary and turned back to Stefan.
"Isabella's down for her nap," he said before I stood up and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and lightly kissed my forehead.
"Good," I said quietly, enjoying the moment we were having. I placed my hands gently on his cheeks, bringing his lips down to mine. Our lips met in a passionate, steamy kiss. His tongue seductively ran along my bottom lip, requesting entrance. I gladly accepted, and softly bit his tongue, showing my enjoyment and utter delight. I giggled into the kiss as my arms rode up to his hair, playing with each strand. We were about to deepen the kiss further when my phone went off. We both gave a disappointed sigh as I reluctantly went to check my phone. I had received a message from Caroline.

Caroline: Bonnie and I are coming round now. I need to talk to you guys about the engagement party x

I read the message out loud to Stefan and watched his face change. He faintly laughed before replying.
"I guess she's planned it all then," he said as I returned back to my place in his arms.
"Yeah, I just let her get on with it," I said as I lightly kissed his lips. We were about to continue what we had started when, for the second time today, we were interrupted. It was Caroline and Bonnie knocking on the door.
"I'll get it," I said as I drew back. I walked to the door and opened it to see Caroline and Bonnie, smiling away. Caroline had, what seemed like, a mountain of papers in her hands.
"Hey guys. Whoa Care, do you want a hand with those?" I offered as they both stepped inside.
"No thanks, I'm good. I'll just put them down here if that's cool with you," she said walking over to the coffee table.
"Yeah that's fine. What are all those papers for?" I asked curiously.
"They're for the wedding," she said in a cheerful tone.
I sat down. "Caroline, we haven't even started to plan yet," I told her.
"Which is why she's here." Bonnie countered as she sat down next to Caroline. I gave a small laugh as I admitted defeat.
"Where's Stefan?" Caroline asked as she started to organise the papers.
"He's upstairs checking up on Isabella. She's sleeping," I said. She silently nodded her head before going back to sorting out the papers. After about a minute Stefan came down the stairs, he greeted Caroline and Bonnie before sitting down next to me.
Caroline rubbed her hands together in pure excitement. "Right, let's begin," she announced. 
"Okay, what's first?" I said nervously, knowing that there will be a long list of things.
"Well firstly, your engagement party. I've invited some people, close friends and family. It's tomorrow," she explained. How Caroline has managed to plan everything so quickly I don't know.
"And before you ask, everyone has said they can come, including your parents. I've sorted everything out, all you have to do is show up," she said. I looked at Stefan, who looked equally as surprised as me.
"Wow, okay. Thank you for sorting that out." I smiled.
"You're very welcome. I'll text you the details about it tonight," she replied as I nodded my head. I was so glad I had such an organised friend who cared so much.

Stefan's POV

We've been intently listening to Caroline explaining everything for the past half an hour. It was so great that Caroline was so organised and enjoyed doing this because it took the pressure off from Elena.
"Right, so maid of honour?" Caroline asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. Elena has been trying to figure out who to pick for the past three weeks. I felt her body tense with nerves before she replied.
"Well, about that. I haven't picked my maid of honour yet because I can't decide. But I was thinking that we can do it so that everyone gets a turn being maid of honour." I saw Caroline and Bonnie nod their heads in agreement with her idea.
"I think Bonnie should be your maid of honour," Caroline said, looking over at Bonnie who was completely shocked.
"I mean, I get to be your wedding planner which is an honour in itself," she smiled. Bonnie looked like she was about to cry.
"Really?" Bonnie asked, with a massive smile on her face. Caroline simply nodded as she looked over at Elena.
"That's sweet Caroline. So Bonnie, would you do me the honour in being my maid of honour?" Elena asked, smiling widely.
"Yes, of course I would," Bonnie said, as they both stood up and hugged. The sight of the two of them hugging was amazing. I was glad we have Bonnie and Caroline because they were the greatest friends we could ask for. They supported us and stuck by our sides when we had Isabella and they've continued to ever since. Plus, I was glad there were no arguments about the maid of honour situation. 
"So, when were you thinking about having the wedding?" Caroline asked. Elena and Bonnie returned to their seats before I replied.
"After Elena's third year of university," I said. Caroline nodded in agreement as she started to write on one of the pieces of paper.
"Okay, are you finishing after your third year?" she asked Elena.

"Yeah, that's all I need. I want to be a teacher and I've already done a teaching course along side my studies. So that should be enough to qualify for a teacher," she explained as I lightly kissed the top of her head. She smiled up to me before tilting her head back and pecking me on the lips.
"Aw that's so good. I'm finishing after the three years too, are you Bonnie?" she asked, turning to Bonnie. She gave a confident nod and smile.
"So I'm thinking an autumn wedding. It's the best season!" Caroline squealed.
"What do you think?" Elena asked whilst tilting her head up to face mine.
"Sounds good to me," I smiled down to her before placing a kiss on her soft lips.
"Autumn wedding it is," Elena said to Caroline, who immediately started squealing again. Bonnie joined in as we both just laughed.
"Our best friends are getting married. This is all so exciting," Bonnie squealed. I felt Elena's grip around my hand tighten as she gazed up to me with so much love before she rested her head on my shoulder. I lightly kissed her temple. 
"So, does this mean we'll be shopping for bridesmaid dresses soon?" Bonnie asked getting excited.
"Yeah, I guess. I can't wait to see Isabella in a bridesmaid dress," Elena said, equally as excited.
"Same, she'll look so cute! And let's not forget, we'll go shopping for your wedding dress," Caroline half said, half exclaimed.
"Yeah, my mum wants to come with us as well. Although you'll be truthful won't you? Like, if I don't suit something or I look hideous in something," Elena said. Caroline and Bonnie looked shocked at Elena's words.
"Are you hearing this?" Caroline asked me.
"I know, it's terrible. Elena, you will look gorgeous in anything you put on. You don't need to worry." I stated knowing it wasn't my opinion, it was a fact. Caroline and Bonnie nodded along in agreement.
"You're beautiful," I whispered in her ear, kissing it afterwards. She giggled slightly at my touch before whispering 'I love you' to me. Even after hearing those words hundreds of times from Elena, it still sent shivers down my spine. I whispered it back before kissing her forehead and feeling her head return to my shoulder.
"I can't wait, it'll be so fun," Bonnie said, making Elena laugh a little.
"Me neither. We'll have fun." Elena replied.
Caroline continued to ask questions until Isabella woke up. She woke up about half an hour later and joined us as we spent a further few hours talking. I still couldn't believe that I was going to marry to the love of my life. I never wanted to live without her.

AN: Heya guys! Hope you like it. So, next chapter is the last one of the book unfortunately, and I hope you like how I leave it. If a sequel is wanted then I'll do one but if nobody does want one then I'll leave it. Sorry if it's short but I wanted to show Caroline planning the party and wedding. Also sorry for mistakes, I really wanted to update tonight for you all and didn't have a lot of time.
Enjoy!
-Chelsea x