19- Getting Answers: Part 1

Two weeks later

Elena's POV

Stefan, Isabella and I were currently on our way to go and see Katherine, who was currently locked away in Klaus' cellar. It took a while to find the courage to go and talk to her but we were hoping that today would be the day that we get the answers we deserve. Klaus said she was at her 'violent' stage so Caroline offered to meet us there and look after Isabella so she doesn't get hurt. I was so grateful for the offer, I didn't want her to be anywhere near Katherine when her cellar door was opened. Caroline was going to be taking her to the park whilst we dealt with this situation, and I believed Bonnie will be joining them in a little while. I was glad Isabella was going to get to spend some time with her aunties rather than become involved in this mess.
"Are you okay?" Stefan's voice made me snap back into reality.
I turned to look at him. "Oh, yeah I'm okay." I tried my best to hide my nerves. "What about you? How are you feeling about all of this?" I asked, concerned for his well-being.
"Yeah I'm okay I guess. We need to do this, she almost destroyed our family and she'll continue to try unless we stop her." I could hear the nerves in his voice, and felt useless knowing that there was nothing I could do to put him at ease. I felt incredibly bad for Stefan, she's been haunting his life for over 145 years, I couldn't imagine what that must feel like.
"Yeah we do. I'm just glad Caroline offered to look after Isabella, I really don't want her involved in all this." I tried to mask my worry with a slight smile. I was terrified of going today, I really didn't want anything to happen to Isabella. I couldn't lose her, neither could Stefan, because if we ever did, I don't think that we would survive.
"I'm so thankful to her. I don't want anything to happen to her, or to you for that matter. I want you to be careful as well." His voice was with laced with both worry and seriousness. I nodded my head and gave him a reassuring smile.
"I'll be careful. Plus, I've got you to look after me, my knight in shining armour," I smirked. He turned his head to face me and gave a gentle laugh.
"Well a knight has got to protect his princess, hasn't he?" He joked as he pulled into Klaus' driveway. I blushed, and before I could think of a reply he was already opening my door. I got out whilst Stefan unstrapped Isabella's car seat and all three of us walked towards the house together. I knocked on the door and almost instantly the door swung open to reveal Caroline.
She smiled brightly at the sight of us. "Hi guys," she said rather cheerfully.
"Hi Care," I said as we both stepped inside the house. We all walked into the kitchen to see Klaus stood by the counter.
"Hi Stefan, Hi Elena," he smiled at us politely. We both politely smiled back as we sat down at his dining table.
Caroline's eyes were full of worry. "Are you sure you want to do this, Elena?" I wished she hadn't asked because the question made me consider whether my decision to do this was right. I had to. I needed to have the courage to make Katherine understand what she did, and how wrong it was.
"Yeah, I need to do this," I simply replied. I had no explanation, all I knew was that I had to do this for my family. My family was what was driving my courage right now.
"Yeah I understand," Caroline said sympathetically. Caroline has always understood my simple replies and I always trusted that she could decipher what I was really thinking.
We all talked for a while until it became clear that I was getting more worried by the minute.
Klaus stood up from his seat. "Right, do you two want to follow me?" He asked us. We both silently nodded our heads and stood up, I think worry was overwhelming the both of us.
I passed a sleeping Isabella over to Caroline. "Care, keep her safe please." My tone was slightly demanding. I didn't mean to come across that way but my concern for my daughter's safety was pretty much overwhelming me. This was the first time we've left Isabella in the hands of anyone other than us, so I felt that I deserved to be worried, even if it was only for an hour.
"Of course I will Elena, you be safe too." She brought me into a side hug, considering Isabella was in her arms. 
We drew out of the hug. "I will, don't worry about me. Are you meeting Bonnie later?"
"Yeah, I'm meeting her in a little while," Caroline replied as she put Isabella into her car seat and picked it up. We all followed Caroline to the door so that we could both say goodbye to Isabella. It was at that moment I was thankful that she was asleep, I couldn't take hearing her cries and not being able to hold and cuddle her. Caroline gave us one last hug before she walked out and shut the door behind her. I let out a sigh and looked over at Stefan. He mirrored my action as he came over to me and took my hand.
He placed a kiss on my forehead. "We can do this," he whispered. I wasn't sure whether he was trying to convince himself or me, but nonetheless I appreciated his support.  I nodded slightly in agreement before we followed Klaus down the stairs to the cellar. We all walked down a dusty corridor before we approached a wooden door. Klaus unlocked and opened the door slowly to reveal a weak-looking Katherine spread out on the floor.
"What do you want, Klaus? Come to torture me some more? That's your favourite game, right?" she choked out in a raspy voice. When we both came into her view she gave her famous evil smirk.
She sat up against the wall. "Oh, so you've brought company. Care to watch me fade away?" Uncomfortable shivers shot down my spine. She was so sadistic it was unreal.
"Katherine, darling sweet Katherine. You play nice otherwise or you'll be dealing with me." Klaus countered with the same sadistic tone. He gestured us both through the door frame and grabbed three chairs from the corner of the room. We all sat down, our eyes locked on Katherine's vengeful, ruthless face. The hatred I felt for Katherine started to fill my body, just looking at her made my blood boil with anger. Although, no matter what I felt, I couldn't conjure any words to explain how much she had hurt my family.

Stefan's POV

She made me so angry. She's brought so much unhappiness to Elena and my family so she deserved every second of torture she got. I looked over to Elena's worried, timid face and began to speak. "Do you regret it?" I spoke confidently towards the women who hurt the love of my life.
"What? Stefan, I've done a lot of bad things in my life, Klaus can fill you in about that, so you're going to have to be a little clearer," she hissed at me. Katherine's always been like this, always trying to find ways to avoid the truth. It was one of the things I hated most about her.
"Don't play dumb Katherine," Klaus intervened.
"Oh, you mean the time where I tried to hurt your precious little Elena," she smirked looking directly at Elena. Elena simply stared back, I comfortingly placed my hand on top of hers. I turned back to Katherine, she had a resentful look on her face.
"Oh right, well I took it into my best interest to show Elena what pain feels like. She needed to know how much it hurts to loose something you love. So I thought maybe she would understand if she lost the baby. Unfortunately I didn't get to inflict that pain but I'll have many other chances in the future don't you worry," she said, making my teeth clench in anger.
Elena abruptly stood up. "What do you mean you haven't inflicted that pain on me yet?" Elena asked, her voice raised.
"So kidnapping me and breaking my leg isn't pain to you? Or what about almost killing my unborn child? Is that not pain to you?" Elena shouted, tears beginning to stream down her face.
I stood up also. "Elena, honey, calm down." I placed my hand on her arm, attempting to comfort her.
"No! Stefan I can't, I can't. She almost ruined our chance to have a family and she doesn't even regret it! I can't do this, not when she thinks it's okay to run around destroying people's lives!" She shouted, tears pouring down her face as her body shook violently from the anger. I brought her to my chest, protectively wrapped my arms around her and slowly rocked her from side to side. I completely forgot that Katherine and Klaus were still in the room. She seemed to calm down after being in my arms for several minutes.
"Klaus, can you take Elena upstairs, please? I'd like to have a talk with Katherine." I spoke softly, giving Katherine a sharp glare, which she returned almost immediately. He gave a small nod before gently placing Elena in his arms and escorting her out the room. She protested in his arms and turned around to face me.
"No, Stefan! No! We don't know what she's capable of!" She cried, a new set of tears beginning to fall.
"Elena, baby, look at me. It'll be fine, go upstairs, I'll be fine, okay?" I said in an attempt to calm her down.
"Please be careful, don't let her hurt you," she said. I nodded my head before Klaus took her out of the room and down the corridor towards the safety of the house. I turned around to be met with Katherine's smirking face.
"One down, one to go," she said whilst twirling her hair around her fingers. I glared into her eyes and sat down. We needed to talk.

AN: I'm so so sorry for the late update guys! I'm also very sorry that it's not that long. I haven't had time to write so that's why it's late. Some good things are going to happen soon and you will all love it!!
-Chelsea x