23- The Big Question: Part 1

AN: Hey guys! This chapter is going to be spilt into three parts as I want to go into detail and there's so much to write. I really hope you enjoy it because I'm so excited to write this!

A month later

Caroline's POV

I turned towards my best friend. "Bonnie, have you found a spell?" I was intrigued but also excited.
"Maybe... I don't know. There's this really intricate spell that could be used for reproduction but I need to research it more," she explained.
"Do you even think they'll want more kids? I mean, she was so scared when she had Isabella," I said, my thoughts beginning to wonder about the future. If Bonnie did find this spell then that meant that Stefan and Elena could have more kids. Or even, in the future, Klaus and I could have kids, if he wanted to. I loved him and I knew he loved me so I didn't see why not.
"I think they do, she was scared yes but I mean, who wouldn't be? Plus I'm not finding this spell for nothing." Her last comment made me laugh, making me think about how wrong I was to think that Elena wouldn't want to have more kids.
I picked up my textbooks. "What do you think is going to happen to them? After university I mean," I asked.
"I don't know, but I know they'll stay together. Like your boyfriend said 'that kind of love never dies'." I laughed at the fact that she was quoting my boyfriend, but it was definitely true. Love like Stefan and Elena's won't die, so it doesn't matter what happened in the future because they would always have each other.
"Hey, ready to go?" Bonnie said, snapping me out of my daydream.
"Uh, where exactly?" I asked, dazed by the memory.
"University. You know that place we go to everyday to learn and get a degree," she said. I could tell she was holding back her laughs.
"Oh yeah, sorry." I mumbled as we both started to walk out of the house. As we were walking I felt my phone vibrate, so I took it out to realise Stefan had just text me.

Stefan: Hey Caroline. After your lectures can I talk to you and Bonnie? I need to ask you two something, but don't tell Elena.

I stopped dead in my tracks as I read the message. What could he possibly need to talk to us about without Elena? It wasn't that we don't talk to him without Elena, because we did, but it was strange how he had asked us to keep it from Elena.
"What's wrong?" I heard Bonnie ask.
"Stefan texted me. He wants us to meet him after school, but the weird thing is that he doesn't want us to tell Elena," I explained, still confused by the text.
Her face twisted in confusion. "Why doesn't he want Elena to know? Have you text him back?"
"I don't know, I haven't text him back. Should I say we'll meet him? What about at ours after our lectures?" I asked as I watched her head nod in agreement.
"Yeah, that'll be fine. Wait, where's Elena going to be after school? Surely she'll go home," she stated. I started to wonder whether this whole 'don't tell Elena' plan was going to work out.
"I think Elena's going to meet Meredith after school, so that won't be a problem," I explained as I started to text Stefan back.

Caroline: Yeah sure, you okay with meeting us at four? At our house? Also, why can't we tell Elena?

We continued to walk through campus as I felt my phone vibrate once again.

Stefan: That would be great. I'll explain later, I promise, but please don't tell Elena.

I read the text aloud to Bonnie and watched as her expression changed. At this point we were both confused as to why he was being so secretive.
"God, why is he being secretive?" I asked Bonnie as we walked down the corridor.
"Who's being secretive?" I heard a familiar voice ask from behind us. We both shot around to see Elena standing there with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
Bonnie and I exchanged the world's quickest nervous glance. "Uh...nobody," Bonnie said as casually as she could. If Elena found out then it could cause a major argument, between all of us.
"Really? Come on, you can tell me," she persisted.
"Really it's nobody. It's just Matt says he won't tell us something," I lied. I hated lying. I was really not good at it and Elena could always see right through me.
"Oh okay. I better go before I'm late," she said as she hurried off down the corridor to her lecture. Clearly this time she couldn't see through me.