6- Telling the Parents

The same day

Elena's POV

We spent the majority of the car ride discussing how we were going to tell my parents, since this was a pretty huge deal and I would rather have a peaceful conversation with them about this. We both thought it would be a good idea for us to tell them together, somewhere private. I needed to figure out how I was going to tell Jeremy and Jenna as well, I didn't know if they would take the news well but I could only hope they did. I was so into my own thoughts that I hadn't realised that we were parked outside the front of my house. Stefan paced to my side of the car to open my door, I got out and gave him a small, loving kiss in appreciation.
"Ready to do this?" He asked me, tension plastered on his face. I nodded and gave him a sweet, simple kiss on the cheek to reassure him I was ready for it. When I was with Stefan, I was ready for anything.
We walked hand in hand to my front door, I let out a deep breath that I had no idea I was holding and felt Stefan's grip around my hand tighten in response. I knocked on the door, and waited. The wait was painful, with every second I felt myself getting even more worried. About 10 seconds later the door swung open to reveal my cheerful mother.
"Oh Elena we've missed you!" She exclaimed whilst bringing me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her in return, wanting to hold on to this moment forever.
"I've missed you too mum, you have no idea how much," I said hugging her tighter.
"I'm sure you haven't missed me that much, especially that you've got Stefan. I bet university is too busy and exciting for you to miss your old family," she said whilst glancing over at Stefan, who gave a small, cute smile.
"It's good to see you again," Stefan said politely, as he turned around to close the door behind us.
"Miranda, who's at the door?" My dad said whilst walking down the stairs. He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw Stefan and I. Nothing was said. He ran down the rest of the stairs and pulled me into his arms.
"We've missed you so much Elena. I hope you're having fun at university because it's not fun without you here," he said hugging me tighter. My dad and I were so close, we would do everything together, I've missed him so much. I made a mental note to find more time at weekends to come back and visit my family. I had no idea how much I've missed them until right now.
"I've missed you guys too, although where's Jeremy and Jenna?" I asked confused at the thought that my brother didn't appear to be home.
"Oh, Jeremy went out with his friends and Jenna's at work, she'll be back in about fifteen minutes," my mum said gesturing Stefan and I to sit down. My mum and dad sat on one sofa, Stefan and I sat on the other, I couldn't be more awkward and tense if I tried. As each minute passed I found it more and more difficult to hide my nerves. I need to tell them. I looked at Stefan and gave a slight nod, he nodded back and mouthed 'Good Luck'. I smiled as I attempted to tell my parents.
"Mum, Dad, I have something I need to tell you. It's important." I stuttered out, unable to control my nerves. Their smiles dropped and their eyes filled with worry. My dad brought up the courage to say: "What's wrong? Has something happened?" I just looked into his eyes, unable to say anything else. I was about to tell my parents that I was pregnant and had absolutely no idea about how they would react, I think it was safe to say I deserved the right to be nervous. I felt Stefan's grasp on my hand tighten, letting me know that he was there for me.
"Well, something happened whilst I was gone, please don't freak out when I tell you. I'm happy about this and I just hope you are too," I rambled on, I moved a little closer to Stefan before saying the two words that made me so amazingly happy but could have the opposite effect on them.
"I'm pregnant." I said timidly, looking down slightly at my hands that were entwined with Stefan's, not wanting to make eye contact. I brought up the courage to look them both in the eyes, I had no idea what they were thinking and that scared me. I had no idea if they were mad, scared, happy, disappointed, confused, upset- I literally couldn't tell.
"Oh Elena, if you and Stefan are happy about this then that's all that matters. If you both think you can handle something like this then we'll stick by your side no matter what. You're both adults now and you've both shown that you're mature and responsible, so what you feel is best is all that matters. Plus, you know how much we've wanted to be grandparents," she chuckled at the end. I couldn't help but cry, my parents were supporting me through my life-changing journey, and I knew for a fact that my baby was going to have the best grandparents they could ever ask for. My parents both stood up and came over to us and swept us both into a long hug.
"Thank you so much for accepting this, I can't wait to start a family with the man I love." I smiled, looking over at Stefan. He smiled and planted a small kiss on my temple in reply. Just then we heard the door swing open revealing Jenna and Jeremy.
"Hey guys, what's wrong? What happened?" Jeremy asked, obviously seeing me crying. I stood up, knowing I had to tell them both.

Jeremy's POV

I had just walked into the house to notice Elena crying. Two things surprised me by this: the first being that Elena is stood in the living room after being away for three months, and the second being that she was crying. All I could do was worry. I hadn't seen Elena since she went to university and now she was crying, which means anything could've happened whilst she was gone. Elena stood up, she looked nervous, I was too worried to even speak or ask what was wrong. What if something was wrong with her? What if something bad had happened whilst she was at university? But then she gave me a reassuring smile, which made feel slightly relieved.
"Jer, Jenna. I have something to tell you," she spoke nervously. She looked down and started to play with her thumbs until she looked us both in the eye. "I'm pregnant, with Stefan's baby."
I just stared in disbelief, I couldn't believe it. I , of course, was happy for her but it was just such a shock. Looking at Jenna, I could tell she felt the same way. I realised I hadn't even replied, so I smiled and said: "I'm going to be an uncle?" She smiled and laughed as I playfully hugged her and lifted her in the air.
"Jer! Put me down! Yes, you're going to be an uncle!" She cried with laughter. I set her down on the ground and gave her a loving hug. Eventually everyone started to join in until it ended up being a group hug. We all laughed and pulled away. Stefan put his arm around Elena's waist as Jenna gave them her congratulations. Once she had finished, I came over to them both.
"Congratulations you guys. I couldn't think of a more perfect couple than the two of you," I said, whilst smiling. It was true, Elena deserved someone like Stefan, and Stefan deserved someone as amazing as Elena. They both deserved to be happy. It was like they were made for each other, like they were both the missing pieces for each other's puzzle. Elena smiled at me and brought me into another hug until she heard my dad speak.
"Elena, how many weeks are you?" He asked.
"12 weeks." Elena smiled whilst going over to her bag and taking out a small picture.
"This is the ultrasound picture we got today," she smiled, returning to Stefan's side. We all gathered around the photo. All you could hear was the sound of my mum cooing over the photo whilst tears slid down her cheeks. I couldn't believe it that the small, fragile life on the photo was going to be my niece or nephew. Elena was going to be a mother. Stefan was going to be a father. And I was going to be an uncle. Everything was changing, for the better.

AN: Hope you guys like it! Sorry I didn't update last night, I had loads of revision to do and I just didn't have time! Don't forget to comment and vote! It's appreciated!
-Chelsea x