11- Baby Shopping

AN: Hey guys! Sorry if you think it's going a little slow but I'm trying to build up the story so that it makes sense. The baby will be here soon, I promise! Comment and vote! Sorry for any mistakes!

Two weeks later

Elena's POV

Exam season was the worst. There was nothing that I hated more than taking exams. What was making it worse was that I was almost eight months pregnant, so my stomach was pretty big now. This meant that I was going to be in a large room full of over 50 people with a massive stomach, taking an exam that would inevitably stress me out. Not exactly the most ideal of situations. My first exam was for food technology, the exam itself interested me but today I was really not feeling in the mood to do an exam on it. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of Stefan coming through the door.
"You ready, baby?" He asked whilst approaching me.
"As ready as I'll ever be I guess," I said, trying to hide my nervousness. Although it clearly didn't work since Stefan's eyes became heavy with concern.
"Don't be nervous, you're the best chef I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of good chefs in my time," he winked at the end. I laughed slightly which made him smile.
"Thanks. I'm just really not in the mood to do an exam," I said running my fingers through my hair.
"You'll do great despite not feeling your best. I love you and believe in you," he said whilst kissing my forehead. I loved it when he did that, it instantly calmed me down. I gave a small smile before taking his hand in mine and moving us closer to the door. "Come on, we better go." We walked out of the house hand in hand and made our way to campus.

Ten minutes later

Stefan's POV

I walked Elena down the corridor to where she was meant to be waiting for her exam. I could feel her getting nervous, so I took both of her hands in mine and tried to soothe her as best as I could.
"You'll be great Elena, I promise. I'll be at your dorm when you come out. I love you so much," I said kissing her lips softly. I felt her smile throughout the kiss, I wrapped my arm around her waist, knowing that it would make her giggle mid-kiss. We deepened the kiss but were interrupted by a member of staff calling everyone in for the exam.
"Good luck baby, I love you," I said as I let her hand go as she started to walk to the exam room.
"We love you too," she called before she walked into the exam room. I smiled at the thought of 'we'. I was going to be a father in a month, Elena was going to be a mother and we were going to have the family we've always wanted.

Two hours later

I was sat with Caroline and Bonnie talking, like we've done for the past two hours, and waiting for Elena's exam to finish. We were all laughing before we heard the sound of the door opening and closing. We all looked round to see Elena walking in with a handful of pens and pencils.
"Hey super chef over there! How was the exam?" Caroline said which made Elena laugh.
"It was so good. I was really happy with the exam, we got some really good questions," she gleamed, whilst coming to my side. She sat down on the bed next to me, and gave me a small kiss on the lips.
"That's good then, so your exams have started off well then." Bonnie said smiling. Elena simply nodded and smiled before rubbing her forehead.
"Do you have anything planned for this afternoon, Elena?" Caroline asked. Elena turned to me and mouthed 'do we?', I simply shook my head.
"No I haven't," she said as she turned to Caroline. Caroline and Bonnie both smiled and gave small squeals. Elena laughed, presumably confused by their excitement. "What?" She looked at each of us and smiled, which made me smile.
"Well... we were thinking that you could come shopping with us and have a girly day. I have to get some bits and pieces for uni anyway, so we figured we could make a day of it," Caroline said excitedly. Elena nervously laughed and started to speak.
She looked down at our entwined hands for a moment before speaking. "Do you guys really think that's a good idea?" 
"Why not? You guys should time shopping together." It would be good for them all to go out and have some quality time together.
"Exactly! It will be so fun, we haven't had one in ages, plus when the baby comes you won't have as much time to go out shopping," Caroline exclaimed in agreement of my statement. I nodded and slightly laughed at what Caroline was saying, she could really prove her point when she wanted to.
"Yeah it'll be fun, why not?" Her face twists with concern. "Although I'll still see you guys when the baby comes, right? We're not going to drift apart are we?" I lightly kissed the top of her to show her I was here for her and also to show her that I knew she would always be supported by her friends. She smiled up to me as I subtly ran my fingers down her hair.
"Of course you will Elena! I think you'll see more of us because literally Caroline and I will be helping out non-stop! I think you may even get sick of us," she joked which made the room fill with laughter. Elena smiled and looked relieved.
"Aw you guys know I could never get sick of you two! You'll love baby sitting with us," Elena said with a hint of sarcasm.
Caroline's smile broadened. "We will love it! I just can't wait until we get to meet him or her."
"What are you two hoping for?" Bonnie asked us. Elena simply turned to face me, she smiled which gave me the signal to answer.
"We're hoping for a little girl" I said as I placed a small kiss on her cheek. Just after that the whole room exploded in Caroline and Bonnie practically squealing 'aw's at us.
"Have you guys thought of a name?" Caroline asked hoping for an answer.
"We have one for each gender. You'll find out after they're born," Elena said trying not to give anything away.
"Aw, I can't wait! It's so exciting!" Bonnie exclaimed. We all laughed at her excitement and how eager she was to have the baby here.
"Me neither," I whispered into Elena's ear and gained a blush and smile in response.

Two hours later

Elena's POV

"Elena, what about this one?" Caroline asked as she lifted up a 'Winnie the Pooh' baby grow. I gasped at how cute it was. I walked over to the baby grow and took it from her outstretched hand. "Oh my gosh, that's adorable. I'm so getting it." I immediately placed the baby grow in my basket that was already full with clothes, toys, nappies and other cute baby things I found.
"Right guys, we've been here for two hours. I think we need to pay and head home before I spend all our money." I joked walking over to the till. I payed for the items and left the shop with the two of them following behind me.
"Elena, can we ask you something?" Caroline said with worry in her voice. I stopped in my tracks and turned to them both.
"What's wrong?" I asked trying to be calm, but having raging hormones, that was extremely difficult.
"What's happening with university? After the baby comes, I mean," she asked. I sighed knowing that I had to tell them. Stefan and I have had this conversation and we decided in what was best for the baby.
"Stefan is dropping out of school when the baby comes. I didn't want him to but he said that he already has qualifications from going to school 17 times. He said that he would stay home with the baby whilst I go to uni," I told them, anticipating their reactions.
"Oh, wow. Didn't expect that, but if you guys are happy then that's all that matters. You'll both be great parents." Caroline said as they both brought me into a hug, obviously noticing that it was a sensitive topic. Noticing the time, we drew out of the hug and walked back to my car and I drove us back to campus.
I dropped Caroline and Bonnie off at campus and decided to spend the night at home. I opened the door to be greeted by his beautiful face.
"Hey baby." He stood up from where he was sitting to help me with my bags. He placed them down by the sofa before bringing me into a hug. I laid my head in the curve of his neck as I embraced him. I loved our moments together, words couldn't describe how he made me feel when I was with him. After about two minutes we pulled out of the hug. "Have you had fun then?" He took both of my hands in his and lightly stroked my hand with his thumb.
"I had so much fun. I've got so many cute baby things, I swear I could have spent all our money in that shop," I joked which made him smile and laugh slightly. We both sat down and started to go through the baby things I brought.
"So, what are we doing this half term?" I asked looking at Stefan with curiosity.
"Well, we could stay here and finish off decorating the baby's room," he suggested. I nodded my head in excitement. Just thinking about decorating our baby's room brought chills down my spine. It was amazing enough that I was having a baby but it was even more amazing that it was mine and Stefan's baby.
"Sounds good, although on the Saturday night I'm going to stay at the dorm so that I'm there for when Caroline and Bonnie come back. I think they're coming home early in the morning," I explained. He simply nodded and kissed my forehead lightly. We both sat there, my head buried in his chest, until we both fell asleep thinking about the adventure we were about to embark on.

AN: Hey guys! Hope you guys like it, the baby will be here soon. I'm so excited to write it and I hope you're excited to read it! Please comment and vote, it means the world to me! Drama is coming up soon! Thank you for 700+ reads. Love you all
P.S Who thinks the baby will be a boy? Who thinks it will be a girl? Let me know!
-Chelsea x