1- University

AN: By the way guys, this is my first fanfiction so I hope you like it. Sorry for mistakes, I'm writing on my phone and it's not the easiest to type with. Comment and Vote!!

Elena's POV

Ugh. Monday mornings are the worst, I'd rather just sleep and stay in bed, I thought to myself. I was instantly snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my alarm ringing relentlessly. I sighed and rolled over, as I reached out to turn the ear-piercing sound off I felt Stefan stir behind me. I turned over to face him whilst grinning like an idiot and bit down on my lip at the sight of him. He was definitely the best thing to wake up to on a Monday morning. He was so cute when he sleeps, with his hair resting on his forehead and a small smile lingering on his face. I lightly traced the side of his face with my fingertip and slowly leaned towards him and placed a gentle kiss on his neck.

"Come on babe, we've got to get up," I whispered into his neck. With that his eyes started to flutter open revealing his beautiful, leafy green eyes. He turned his head, looking at me, gazing at me with so much love. He sat up and lifted his lips up so that they were level with mine, and connected our lips in a long, sweet and passionate kiss, one that I definitely appreciated.
"Good morning baby," he whispered against my lips. Just simply hearing his voice made me smile like a little kid and made all the blood rush to my cheeks. I loved him so much, and he had such a powerful impact on me which makes me feel like I was the only girl in the world. I smiled at the thought only to realise the time. We both reluctantly got out of bed, got dressed, and dragged ourselves out of Stefan's dorm to meet Bonnie and Caroline, all with the hope that we wouldn't be late.

Stefan's POV

As Elena and I walked down the corridor I entwined our fingers together, locking onto them, I never wanted to let her hand go and never wanted to ever think about letting it go. I placed a small kiss on her temple before we sat down and waited for Caroline and Bonnie, which in turn was surprising since Caroline almost always arrived before we did. We shared pointless conversations that meant the world to me, I loved hearing her voice as it played so perfectly in my ears. Tracing my finger on Elena's hand I noticed Bonnie and Caroline swiftly walking towards us, laughing and drinking their coffee.
"Hey!" Elena exclaimed to the others.
"Hey love birds." Caroline joked, making Elena blush as she lightly laid her head on my upper arm. Changing the subject Elena asked, "What lesson do you guys have first?" Just then, Bonnie opened her bag to reveal her crumpled timetable, only to be playfully hit by Caroline.
"Bonnie Bennett! Are you telling me that you haven't learnt your timetable? I thought I told you this during the orientation day!" Caroline scolded Bonnie.
"Sorry, I've had other things on my mind which didn't include remembering my whole time table." She fought back, trying not to make eye-contact with her when she's in her 'control freak mode'. I laughed slightly just by hearing them bicker. I gently caressed Elena's arm which made her blush and she let out a small giggle. I leaned over and whispered in her ear; "I love you," then I gently kissed her temple. She blushed again and looked at me with her awe-filled eyes that I just love so much.
"I love you too," she smiled which only made me smile more. We were all brought out of our conversations when we heard the bell ring, indicating it was time for class. We all got up and went to class, separating into different directions as we all went to our first lecture of the day.

Six hours later

Elena's POV
Dear diary,
The day is finally over! I love it here at university, I get to live in a dorm with Caroline and Bonnie and the best part is that my boyfriend is always close by. He has his own dorm since girls and boys can't share the dorms, but Stefan and I get around that. I spent the night with him last night, just waking up to him puts a smile on my face which lasts at least half the day. God, just his name sends shivers down my spine. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have met such an amazing man at such a young age. I've realised that over these last two years that we've been together, I've become so dependant on Stefan, I literally can't live without him, nor do I even want to think about living without him. The only problem I'm facing is that we will never be able to have kids together; we won't be able to grow old together like I'd always planned to do with my partner. Thinking about it makes my heart sink what feels like 100 feet, and I know I shouldn't be thinking about things like this at such a young age, I mean I'm only 18 but I love Stefan with all my heart. No matter what, we will fight for what we have-despite the fact that we can never have a family of our own. I will always love him, despite what our future may hold.
Love Elena x

I closed my diary and placed it underneath my bed where I usually keep it. We were only a week in and I've already found a special place for my diary, to be perfectly honest finding a space for my diary was one of the first things I did when I arrived. I pulled the duvet over me and brought out my phone to text Stefan.

Elena: Goodnight baby, will you meet me at my dorm before lesson tomorrow? Love you xox

Within a minute he had texted me back.

Stefan: Goodnight baby, I love you too. You know I'll be there, I'm always here. Sleep tight my princess you need your beauty sleep ;) Xox

I smiled throughout reading the message, especially at the end. He always made me smile. The way he texted me, spoke to me, the way he would snake his arms around my waist, holding me closer to him. I couldn't lie, practically anything he did made me smile. I was pushed back into reality by Caroline telling me to get some sleep for tomorrow and turning the lights out. I smiled at the thought of being able to spend my university days with the love of my life and my two best friends. With that thought in mind, I drifted off into a deep sleep.
AN: Hope you guys like it!!
-Chelsea x