8- Grades

AN: Hey guys! Hope you enjoy it, I laid out the chapter so that I could show what I had chosen for their studies. It's different to the TV series but it will lead on to their careers in the future. I thought it would be cool to see the characters in a different light.

The next day

Elena's POV

I woke up with Stefan's arms wrapped around my torso, where I could feel his face lightly resting in my hair. Waking up to him always put a smile on my face, it was such a perfect way to start the day.
"Good morning beautiful," he whispered into my ear whilst turning me around to face him. He brought our lips together in a long, drawn-out kiss.
"Good morning to you too," I said, laughing slightly. He carefully took a piece of my hair that was covering my face and tucked it behind my ear. His touch was always so delicate and soft, and always made me smile uncontrollably.
"What are we doing today?" Stefan asked, whilst gently rubbing his thumb on my cheek, which probably had a tinge of pink from my blushing.
"Well, we're going to meet Caroline and Bonnie, I have a feeling they want to talk to us about the grades that are coming out today. Then we've got to go back to campus because I'm sure Caroline won't want to be back too late." I explained. Although we've got grades being released to us today, I wasn't exactly nervous since our first year grades at university didn't count, but I was almost certain Caroline has been driving Bonnie crazy with her stressing. He faintly chuckled as he nodded his head in agreement. I looked at my clock to realise it was half past nine. We had to meet Caroline and Bonnie at half ten, and we all knew what Caroline was like with her punctuality. So Stefan and I quickly got dressed and made our way downstairs to see my parents.
"Morning guys," my mum called from the kitchen, we both walked in and smiled.
"Morning," I said trying to be polite to my half asleep family.
"We were looking at your baby photos last night, so don't be surprised if we show them to the baby when they're older!" Jenna blurted out, obviously eager to tell me that. I hated all my baby photos, my parents dressed me up in frilly dresses that didn't suit me, or anyone for that matter. However, it was early in the morning so I didn't have the energy to protest or care.
"Well I hope you guys had fun with that and please don't scar my child by showing them my baby photos." I said whilst going into the cupboard to get a breakfast bar.
"What are you talking about? You were such a cute baby," Jenna replied. I simply walked towards Stefan and gestured that we needed to leave. I didn't want to start an argument over what I looked like as a baby, even if I knew she was only joking.
"I don't think so, tell them Stef," I said looking at Stefan, begging for some kind of help. I didn't get any.
"Elena, I've seen your baby photos, you were not an ugly baby," he argued as we started to walk towards the door.
"See!" Jenna shouted from the kitchen just before we were about to leave.
"You're no help." I muttered to Stefan. He simply smirked.
"Right, we'll be back later to get our stuff. I'll say goodbye then," I said whilst walking out the door. Just before I shut the door I heard everyone say 'bye' from the kitchen.
"Well that was interesting," I said to Stefan as I got into his car and we drove to Caroline's house.

Ten minutes later

The entire drive to Caroline's was full of flirty comments between one another, not that I was complaining, I absolutely loved seeing this side of Stefan, the laid-back, relaxed side of him. Stefan pulled into the driveway, opened my door and helped me out of the car. We both walked hand in hand towards her house, where I knocked on the wooden door and it opened almost instantly.
"Hey guys!" Caroline squealed looking really excited. She moved to the side and gestured us to come in. With that we both stepped into the house and followed Bonnie, who had been stood just behind Caroline, into the living room. We both sat down next to each other on her large sofa.
"So, I'm assuming your grades were good considering the smile on your face." I asked, she gave me a huge smile before trying to contain her excitement.
"Firstly, I'm always smiling. Secondly, I got my results back for my geography coursework. I got a First! I got an email about it last night, Bonnie got her email last night for Biology as well," Caroline said proudly. I was so proud of her, she had worked so hard in geography. Although she never needed to, she was the one who I always asked for answers in class since I always had no idea what was going on.
"Ah, well done Care!" I said bringing her into a hug. I pulled away as I spoke to Bonnie.
"What did you get Bonnie?" I asked as Stefan gave Caroline a congratulating hug.
"I got a First too!" She squealed. I smiled widely and brought her into a hug, like I did for Caroline and Stefan did the same.
"Did you not get an email, Elena?" She asked excitedly, however that excitement soon vanished as I let out a breath and replied.
"I haven't even looked to be honest. I don't think I want to know my speaking result for French," I said looking down at my fingers.
"Why not? Elena, I've heard you speak French. You're really good! Remember in school, none of us had an idea what the teacher was saying and you had to help us every time." Caroline said, trying to make me feel better. It was true, I had to help them all in languages, along with food technology, but I don't think that made me good. Plus I didn't think any of them even listened during the lessons, which may have explained why they didn't understand any of it.
"Fine, I'll check," I said whilst going through my phone trying to find the email. I scrolled through until I found the email that was labelled 'Languages results' . I opened and read it, then I locked my phone and casually placed it down, I sat there as if nothing had happened. I looked at all of their faces, anticipation was plastered on all of their faces. Caroline gestured me to tell, whilst Bonnie and Stefan sat on the edge of their seats.
"I got a First too," I mumbled quietly. From then on all you could hear was squeals from both Bonnie and Caroline. All three of them pulled me into a hug, once we had pulled away Stefan gave me a small kiss and congratulated me. I blushed with embarrassment as all three of them kept rambling on about how great it was.
"Guys! You know I have another speaking exam to do?" I asked, however it was my attempt to hint to them that I was getting embarrassed.
"Elena, enjoy the moment." Bonnie simply said before I sat back in my chair, trying to enjoy the moment.

Stefan's POV

We spent about 3 hours at Caroline's before we all decided that we needed to start going. I drove Elena back to her house to say goodbye to her family, let's just say that there was a lot of tears from all of them. Once we grabbed our things, we made our way back to campus. Elena fell asleep about 20 minutes into the car ride, she did look a little tired, I guessed everything that's been going on lately has taken a toll on her. She slept for about an hour before I saw her stir in her sleep. Soon after she woke up, rubbing her eyes she asked, "Where are we?" She looked at me with her tired looking eyes.
"We're about 20 minutes from campus," I told her whilst keeping my eyes on the road.
"Okay. Oh yeah! I never asked you, what did you get in your English Language coursework?" she asked, excitement filling her eyes.
"I got a First," I replied simply and quietly whilst keeping my eyes on the road, trying to attract less attention to myself. However I failed, she jumped out of her seat slightly in excitement as she said:
"Oh my gosh Stefan! You never said! I'm so proud of you baby," whilst leaning over. She went to place a gentle kiss on my cheek, however I turned my head so that I met her lips instead. She tried to deepen the kiss before I had to mention to her that I was still driving.
Once we got to campus, I took our things out of the car and carried them inside with Elena by my side. We firstly walked to her dorm, where I placed her bags inside before giving her the terrible (her words) news that I had to go and finish my essay that was due tomorrow. Big mistake. Instead she dragged me into the room and kissed me deeply. She slung her arms around my neck as I held onto her hips with a light embrace, which she giggled at. She started to play with my hair, her fingers tugging slightly on each strand as she deepened the kiss further. Her kisses turned strong and passionate, however she instantly stopped as she heard Caroline and Bonnie approaching the dorm. She let out a frustrated sigh, which I couldn't help but laugh a little at.
"I need to go," I mumbled against her lips, as she was still holding me close to her.
"I'll miss you," she said looking like she was about to cry, whilst giving me one last hug.
"I'll miss you too baby. I'm only down the corridor and you can text me whenever you need me. I think you just need some rest because I think all the hormones are getting to you." I said in an attempt to help my pregnant girlfriend.
"Okay, I will. I love you," she said whilst giving me a small kiss goodbye.
"I love you more," I said as I started to walk out of the dorm. She giggled slightly and got into bed. I said bye to the others before I left to do my English essay.

AN: Hope you guys like it! Sorry if it was a boring chapter, it's going to start getting interesting as Elena's pregnancy proceeds. Comment and Vote! Also what languages do you all speak? I speak French and English!
-Chelsea x