10- Moving In

One week later

Elena's POV

Dear diary,
I'm so happy it's the weekend! It's been a week since Stefan surprised me with the new house and, to be honest, I think I'm still in shock. Caroline and Bonnie are going to stay round but they've found an affordable place near campus so they will hopefully move into that. I hope they get the house since it's really close to ours, so despite not actually living with them, we'll still be able to see them everyday. With every day I feel my bump getting bigger, the baby kicks a lot and it's such a relief to know the baby is alive and healthy. Despite the sleepless nights it often creates, the kicks are everything to me. Stefan's face was priceless when he felt the baby kick for the first time, it was a perfect moment.
We're still in the process of moving, although when I say 'we' I mean 'Stefan, Caroline and Bonnie'. They won't let me help because they don't want me to put too much of a strain on myself. Not being able to help frustrates me, but I also understand where they're coming from. Also, I'm still going to stay at the dorm for most nights as Bonnie and Caroline won't be moving into their own place for a while, and I want to spend as many nights with them as I can. They want to have our last 'girly nights' together, so until the baby comes I'll spend some nights with them.
We have a break coming up after all our exams have finished, I'm so grateful to finally get a rest. Everything at university is so fast paced, it gets so tiring after a while. Caroline and Bonnie are going home to see their parents but I'm going to stay here, I don't think travelling is the best thing for me right now. Stefan is going to stay with me at our new house, just to finish off decorating and to get settled in. We're not sure exactly what we're going to do yet but I can't wait, it will be the best break ever.
Love Elena x

I placed my diary into a cardboard box that would soon be moved into our new home. I decided to keep some clothes at my dorm so that I would still be able to stay there until Caroline and Bonnie move out.
"Right, so which boxes are we taking now?" Caroline asked just as Stefan came through the door. He came to my side, wrapped his arm around my waist and lightly kissed my temple.
"Hi," I simply said, smiling up to him.
"Hi," he smiled back gazing into my eyes. I snapped out of my gaze as I realised that I hadn't answered Caroline.
"We're moving these boxes," I said as I gestured to the remaining boxes in my room.
"Sounds good. How many have you got left to go over? Is this the last of them?" She asked.
"I think it's just these now," I said as I grabbed Stefan's hand, entwining our fingers together. Just as she was about to speak we heard a knock on the door. We all looked at each other in confusion, having absolutely no idea who it could be.
"I'll get it," I said as I walked over to the door, consequently un-linking my hand from Stefan's. I opened the door to reveal Meredith standing there.
"Elena? How are you? I thought I'd come and see how you're doing with the moving," she said excitedly. She was going to be moving into a house a mile away from campus with a few other girls from our food technology course.
"Aw I'm good, we've almost finished actually. Although I say 'we' but I'm not actually allowed to properly help because I could hurt myself." I said whilst putting air quotes for the word 'hurt' and emphasising my disapproval.
"That's good but I wouldn't expect them to let you help, I mean I swear every time I see you your bump gets ten times bigger!" She exclaimed as I placed my hands over my bump and smiled.
"Well I am 25 weeks so I'm only going to get bigger," I said as I gave a slight laugh.
"Well I better go. I've got so much packing to do myself. Glad you're okay and I'll see you in food next lesson," she said waving goodbye.
"Alright, have fun with the packing. See you later," I said as I closed the door. I returned to the others to see that they were all starting to move the boxes.
"Right, what do you need me to do?" I asked, knowing exactly what they would say. They all looked up at me with stern faces.
"Elena, you don't need to help, we don't want you to push yourself." Stefan said in a soft tone, probably worried I would get annoyed, especially with all my hormones. I crossed my arms in slight frustration and looked at them. Stefan noticed my disapproval and walked over to me, he took both of my hands in his and lightly kissed my forehead. I wanted to be stubborn and make my point, but I couldn't help but smile. Stefan had such a powerful impact on me, I loved the way I felt when I was with him. He has always been able to take the bad away.
"I don't want you to help because I don't want you or our baby to get hurt," he said in a soft, whispered tone. I gave a weak smile, I knew how much he worried about me and the baby so I understood why I wasn't allowed to help.
"Okay, I can carry lighter things so that I'm not straining myself or the baby. Deal?" I said with the slightest of smirks.

"Deal," he said before leaning down and giving me a small kiss on my lips.
"Right, come on love birds. Let's move these boxes," Bonnie said as she walked past carrying a cardboard box. We all nodded in agreement as we grabbed a box and took it to our new house.

Two hours later

Stefan's POV

"All done," Bonnie said whilst placing the last box down.
"Thank you guys for helping," Elena said coming to my side. I snaked my arm around her waist as she smiled up to me. I quickly gave her a peck on the lips before we all sat down and just enjoyed each other's presence. Elena moved closer to me and laid her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes for a few seconds, our fingers laced together. We must have spent hours just sat there talking, we were all laughing and talking about random things. It was great because we got to spend time together when we weren't all stressed out. However, stress was just around the corner as exams were starting soon.
"Have you guys started to revise yet?" Elena asked, as I watched their faces drop with guilt.
"Well, I wouldn't say I haven't revised but I wouldn't say I have," Caroline said in a high pitch voice. We all just laughed as she blushed.
"I've started to revise a bit," Bonnie admitted as they turned their heads towards us, suggesting they wanted us to answer.
"I've done a bit," Elena admitted as she looked up at me.
"I've also done a bit, mainly for English though" I said whilst looking down slightly, playing with Elena's fingers.
"How?" Caroline asked, shocked by the answers we just gave.
"We've just done the revision," I said, smirking at my simple answer that I knew wouldn't satisfy Caroline.
"Well, some people are just more dedicated than others. Or that some people have to brush over their facts more," she joked, trailing off at the end. Once she finished the whole room exploded with 'ooh's. I just raised my eyebrows and looked at her.
"No comment." I said, knowing she was joking but it was better to not give Caroline the fuel to continue. I felt Elena bury her head at the top of my chest. I ran my hand over the top of her head as I heard her yawn slightly.
"Are you tired, Elena?" Bonnie asked, I looked at Elena and smiled softly, still running my fingers down her hair.
"A little," she said in a quiet, sleepy tone.
"So am I," Caroline yawned as she got up.
"Same, right so we better be off, it's late." Bonnie said whilst she stood up.
"Okay, I'll walk you guys out," Elena said as she got up as well. I said goodbye to Caroline and Bonnie as Elena walked them both out. She was gone about a minute before she came back into the living room with that perfect smile on hers. She came over and sat next to me, looking into my eyes, our faces were inches away. I placed my hand on her stomach, gently rubbing her bump.
"The baby's been kicking a lot," she said with a smile which, of course, made me smile.
"Feel there," she said as she moved my hand and placed it to the left of her bump. She pressed down a little and then I felt the kick. If my heart could beat, it would of skipped a beat, knowing that our baby was alive and well has always been such a relief to me.
"Did you feel that?" She excitedly asked me. I nodded, words failing me, I leaned in and brought her lips level to mine. Our lips met in a long, passionate kiss, a kiss that we held onto for as long as possible.
"I love you," I whispered to her with a smile lingering on my lips.
"I love you too," she said as she buried her head in my chest. We both fell asleep curled up together in our new home.

AN: Sorry if it's a bit of a boring chapter, there's going to be a lot of drama in a few chapters. I have to build up the story so that it all makes sense. Hope you guys like it! Thank you for reading!

-Chelsea x