2- Camping Trip: Part 1

AN: This chapter is in two parts as there was just so much to write! Hope you guys like it. Comment and Vote!

Three months later

Elena's POV

Dear diary,
Today we're all going on a camping trip that the university set up. It'll be fun, right? I mean, I know I'm not exactly the most enthusiastic camper there ever was, but spending time with my closest friends will at be fun. Caroline, Bonnie and I are sharing a tent and Stefan, Matt and Tyler are sharing another. I'm nervous about this trip, I'm not sure why but I feel like my head is spinning with thoughts and I can barely think straight. At least Stefan will be there, which to some extent, puts my mind at ease and brings me comfort. Well, anyway wish me luck!
Love Elena x

I looked down at what I had written and sighed, this trip is supposed to be fun so why do I feel like it's the last thing I want to be doing? I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I couldn't deny the nagging pit I felt in my stomach at just the simple thought of this trip; the worry has been prominent inside my head for the past few weeks. Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind I placed my diary underneath my bed and walked into the bathroom to start getting ready. I simply wore black leggings, a white vest top, and one of Stefan's jumpers that he left he from one of his previous visits. I loved wearing his jumpers, they always smell liked him which made me feel safe and secure. I crammed the end of the sleeves into my curled up fists and checked myself over in the mirror. Other than the small under-eye bags from the countless past-midnight study sessions in the library, I looked okay. I walked out of the bathroom only to be bombarded with small, high-pitched squeals from Caroline.
"Awh! Look at you in Stefan's jumper! That's so cute!" Caroline half squealed, half shouted. I felt myself blush, which only made Caroline laugh more.
"Well, I like his jumpers and he left it here when he slept over, so you snooze you lose I guess," I joked. We all laugh at my childish nature, however our laughter soon died down after Caroline began to give us the 'hurry up otherwise we'll be late' lecture she gave when she was fussing over times.
We all started to rush around getting our clothes and camping gear together until we heard a soft knock on our door. I instantly knew who it was, so I eagerly ran to the door and opened it to be greeted with my one and only boyfriend. I was greeted by a pair of arms snaking around my waist, so I took my arms and loosely rest them on his shoulders. We intently smiled at one another before connecting our lips in a passionate, love-filled kiss, one that I most certainly enjoyed.
"Good Morning to you too," I said happily. I was in the arms of the love of my life, the world could stop turning and I wouldn't notice nor would I care, as long as I had Stefan in my life, I knew I would be fine. Clearly, one kiss wasn't enough for me, so I connected our lips for a second slow and loving kiss, before I drew him into a long and comforting hug.
"Guys! Stop being cute for once in your life!" Bonnie joked, which made us pull apart in surprise. I was so into the hug that I hadn't noticed that Tyler and Matt had arrived.
"Right guys! Are we ready to go?" Tyler asked as we all started to put our rucksacks on. His enthusiasm for all-things outdoors would forever amuse me. Stefan helped me put my rucksack on, and Caroline and Bonnie helped each other. We all left the dorm, so I turned around to lock the door as the others went ahead, only to be pulled against Stefan's side as he leaned in and whispered in my ear. "Who said you could wear my favourite jumper?" I could tell he was smirking without even looking at his face.
"Well, you left it at my dorm so I took matters into my own hands. Plus I don't feel that great today so I think wearing my boyfriend's jumper would be the best way to go," I simply replied, not wanting to draw attention to the fact that I wasn't exactly in the best spirits, but knowing Stefan he'd start to worry. I loved how protective he is over me and how much he cares about me and my well-being.
"Well in that case, it's a good job I love you that much, and what's wrong babe?" He asked with his worry-filled eyes. As we started to walk down the corridor to meet the others he took both my hands and turned to face me. I didn't want to answer him because I knew he would worry, but not answering would make him worry more.
"What's wrong baby?" He asked again, this time I brought up the courage to answer him.
"I've just had these stomach cramps and feel nauseous, oh and my head hurts. I might be coming down with a cold." I explained knowing that I've just made him worry. He didn't say anything, instead he brought me into a long, comforting hug. I always felt better when I was in his arms, and he knew that. I rested my head in the curve of his neck and smiled. We slowly pulled away as he spoke.
"Tell me if it gets worse, I'm always here Elena, I always have been," he said in a low, whispered tone. I smiled.
"I know you always are, and I love you for it. Come on, let's go catch up with the others," I said as he smiled, nodded and lightly kissed my forehead. We laced our fingers together as we walked down the corridor towards the camping journey that we were about to embark on.

AN: Sorry if it's not very long but the next chapter is going to be more exciting! I just needed to set the scene before the drama! Also sorry if I don't update quick enough, I have exams and I need to revise for them!
-Chelsea x