12- Half Term

AN: Hope you guys like it! Please follow me, it would mean so much!

Two weeks later

Elena's POV

I laughed at my overly concerned friend. "Caroline, I'll be fine! Have fun."
"Okay, just making sure. Make sure you don't have that baby until we come back." Caroline said as she put her suitcase in the boot of her car, giving me a jokingly stern look.
"You're going for a week, you won't miss the baby's birth. Plus I'm not due for another two weeks," I stated. Stefan came to my side shortly after helping Bonnie place her suitcases in the car.
"Okay, I'll miss you guys," she said whilst pulling us both into a hug. Bonnie joined in a few seconds after. "I'll miss you guys too," she said, a tear sliding down her cheek.
"Aw Bonnie, why are you crying?" I asked as I lightly wiped away her tear.
She gave me a weak smile. "I'm just going to miss you guys. We practically spend every waking second with each other, it'll be weird not seeing you guys for a whole week."
"Aw, we'll miss you both so much too," I replied as we all hugged again.
"Come on then, if we don't leave now we won't ever leave," Bonnie joked whilst edging herself towards the car.
"Bye guys," Stefan said as Caroline ignited the engine.
"Bye!" They both shouted as they drove off. Once the car was out of sight Stefan came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled in delight as he placed his hands on my enormous, forever-growing baby bump. He lightly kissed my neck which, he knew, always made me smile and I turned around in his arms to see his beautiful face. No words were said, we just let our lips meet in an intense kiss.
"What do you want to do now?" He said with a huge smile playing on his face.
"We could go back home and finish off the baby's room?" I suggested whilst wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Great, let's go," he said as he took my hand and walked us back home, I loved his enthusiasm.
Once we got in the house we both made our way up the stairs to the baby's room.
I looked around the room, firstly trying to figure out everything that needs to be done, and secondly asking myself where the best place to start would be. "Right, what should we do first?"
"Well I'll finish off painting whilst you put the mountains of clothes you bought into the drawers," he said whilst coming up behind me. I laughed, I did buy a lot of clothes but you can never have too many in my opinion.
"There isn't mountains, just a large amount. You'll be grateful for the reserves when they spit up or have a nappy explosion twenty times a day," I said sarcastically.
"Hey, I'm not complaining. They're going to be spoilt anyway so might as well start now," he whispered into my ear. I giggled softly at his plans to spoil our child.
"I think that it's going to be a little daddy's angel, they can do no wrong in the eyes of their dad," I whispered back. He gave a small, cute laugh as his fingers traced up my arm.
"I just hope I can be a good dad," Stefan said with seriousness in his voice. I immediately noticed this and tried to console him.
"You will be, I know you will be. I can see it now, how they'll settle down to sleep when they're in your arms. When they're older you'll take them to ride their bike without stabilisers for the first time. You'll be an amazing dad, Stefan, you don't need to worry because I already know you will." I said as I placed a small, comforting kiss on his lips. As we pulled away we both smiled.
"Thank you. I'll be the best I can be because of you. I'm just so glad I can have a child but I'm even more glad that this is happening with you. I've always dreamt of having a baby with someone I really love, my dream has come true... all because of you," he said. I couldn't help but cry, Stefan always had the power to make me cry or smile. Although it didn't help that I was almost nine months pregnant with raging hormones. He looked at me with so much love, delicately wiped my tears away and lightly kissed my forehead. I smiled at his touch and brought his lips down to mine. We shared a kiss that was so full of love that I never wanted it to end. During the kiss Stefan snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me in closer, I wanted to stay in his arms forever. His embrace was always so comforting and I always felt so safe when I'm with Stefan. As we both came out of the kiss we simply shared a love-filled gaze.