Chapter 35-Birthday girl

6 months later

"Bill I need help!" Tom shouted as he aggressively moved the pan back and forth on the stove, attempting to reach over and turn the dial down on the stove.

"Oh my god what did you do now" bill grumbled as he appeared in the doorway, Toms focus was glued to the pan that was making noises resembling an angry cat, it hissing and making high pitched squeals. Bill was over to his brothers side in a second, turning the stove off and grabbing the pan from Tom who was in an obvious state of freaking out.

"What the hell is even this?" Bill questioned as he held up the pan, eyeing the unidentifiable mass in the pan.

Tom cocked his head to the side as her scracthed the back of his neck, his new black locks tied up into a loose bun, following the position of his head.

"Uh...pancakes?"

Bill scoffed out a laugh, wondering how the mutated black blob in the pan would even count as a pancake. He turned and dumped the contents in the garbage before turning back to the sink and rinsing the remains out of the pan.

"I know you want to suprise Anzelika but I think she'd like it better if you didn't conduct a nuclear expirement in the kitchen" he said sarcastically, shaking his head. Tom grumbled out a "shut up" as he ran his fingers thru his hair, letting out a sign of frustration.

"It's not like I can't cook bill" he mumbled lowly as he went and picked up the rest of the mess

"Pfft sure" Bill replied as he finshed rinsing the pan, rolling his eyes.

Tom let out a frustrated groan as he finshed putting away the rest of his mess, then leaned agasint the counter, as bill turned around and mimicked his brothers stance.

"How about we just take her out for breakfast for her birthday instead? It's been awhile since you guys have gone out and I'm sure she'd love to bring the twins out"

Tom shrugged before rubbing his face and letting out a groan. His face then lit up as he gave his brother a sheepish grin

"I think I have a better idea"

-----------------

Anzelika was gentle to rock Aurora although she felt frantic as Aurora let out agonizing cry's, her face bright red and her arms and legs moving about. Anzelika couldn't help but tear up herself in frustration as the crying had not stopped.

"Shhh...it's ok...mamas here..." she cooed, hoping her soft voice would calm her daughter down. She continued to gently pat the small of auroras back as she looked up at the ceiling and blinked back her tears, mentally asking Aurora to stop crying. Her attention was drawn to Tom emerging in the doorway, a look of worry on his face having heard the shrieks from the hallaway.

"Is everything ok baby?" He said quietly as he approached the two.

Anzelikas lip trembled as her eyes watered more.

"No..I just can't get her to quiet down, I've tried everything. She..just won't stop" her voice was shaky, absolutely frantic yet determined to get her daughter to calm down. Toms brows furrowed as tried to think of something himself to calm thier daughter down. His eyes lit up as he suddenly got an idea.

"Have you tried singing to her?"

Anzelikas face contoured in confusion before looking back at Aurora who had continued to cry.

"It's worth a try I guess" she said as she gently stepped back into the rocking chair.

She pondered for a second thinking of a song to sing. Tom knelt down in front of her, his hand gently coming up to caress auroras face. His eyes lit up as he heard Anzelika begin to sing.