Chapter 16- Blessing in disguise

As they guessed, officer Meyer had called during the movie. They still managed to enjoy themselves but they were still dreading and expecting the news. They received the call as Tom was throwing pepperoni at Bill, who had been throwing them at Anzelika. Ky was about to join when his phone started making a distorted ring sound, seeing how his phone was broken. Anzelika paused the movie and they all nodded at him. He looked down at his phone, took a deep inhale and answered it. His eyes darted back and forth violently, his breath hitching as he pressed his lips together, nodding as tears formed in his eyes. He hung up and fell silent for a minute or two before he looked to everyone around him. He broke the news in broken sobs.

Mabel had died from an overdose and was found in her jail cell not too long after she was seen making a suspicious interaction with a jail mate. The jail mate was caught smuggling drugs into the sanctuary and was dealt a few more years.

Anzelika went to go kneel in front of her brother to comfort him when stabbing pain shot through her stomach as let out a scream and collapsed to the floor, wincing in incredible pain.

"Anzelika!"

"Baby! baby what is it?!"

"Annie what's wrong!?"

She looked down at her stomach and to her horror she saw a small pool of blood forming under her, the blood beginning to drip from her damp sweatpants. She tried to clench her legs together to keep the scarlett pool from running down her legs and onto the floor. She fell backwards, screaming once again, her lower abdomen felt like it was being stabbed. She gasped and dug her nails into her stomach, the skin breaking.

"Call an an ambulance!" Bill shouted as Ky and Tom frantically ran to her side. Anzelikas vision became fuzzy and her body fell pale. The pain shot down her legs, paralyzing her. As she let out another scream she felt another rush of blood pour out of her. She tried to call out in pain but her mouth wouldn't open.

"There's no time! We need to bring her to the hostipal now!" Ky shouted as he nodded to Tom to help him pick up his limp sister. She whimpered in pain as she felt a pull in her stomach once again.

They rushed her to the car, placing a towel under her as she continued to bleed. Ky went over the speed limit, not caring for a ticket. He did his best to keep his eyes on the road, but he would dart his head quickly between the road and his sister. Tom sat behind her, holding her hand and massaging her shoulder softly. He looked to his brother, tears in both of their eyes.

They arrived at the hostipal, rushing into the emergency room frantically searching for a doctor. The same doctor from the disastrous night with Mabel emerged from the hall, coming to investigate the panicked yells that had traveled down the halls.

"I can help you, bring her in here" his voice was demanding and quite loud. Ky held her bridal style, walked toward the doctor and Bill and Tom followed.

A few nurses came up to them and Ky handed over Anzelika. Her body seemed to be losing color, her body growing heavy with sudden deadweight. It was an odd sight to see as two small nurses helped a quite tall and now haze Anzelika over to a hospital bed. She had lost a almost horrifying amount of blood and it was practically soaking her pants. It was hard to see due to the dark fabric, but the warm dampness of the fabric gave it away.

Ky and Bill stood in the waiting room as Tom followed Anzelika. She was set on a hostipal bed quickly hooked up to a few devices. As Tom informed what had happened to the doctor, the nurses helped undress Anzelika. One of the nurses put on gloves and examined her bleeding area. Blood still fell but it was slower. What seemed to be small clots of blood lay beneath her as the nurse observed more, opening her legs a bit more and using a tool to separate her labia and then open her vaginal opening to get a better look. Anzelika winced in pain, her spine twisting and it felt like her ribs were collapsing. Her vaginal canal was bloody and her cervix was dilated slightly. There was dark tissue, almost a larger clot exiting or attempting to exit the uterus and  go through the cervix area. It was the reason for the excruciating pain Anzelika had been feeling.