Chapter 28-Nightmare before Christmas

Christmas eve had arrived. Anzelika couldn't help but smile, remincinsing over the previous Christmas, the day her and Tom got engaged. She admired her ring, the beautiful purple stones shimmering in the light.

It warmed her heart how Tom remembered such a significant detail. Sure it was something as simple as her favorite color but it still meant alot it her, seeing how prior before she met him and the boys most people wouldn't even take a second glance at her which was understandable seeing how her face was always plastered with a look that could easily kill. But still they were quick to judge and never made the effort to get to know her so it meant everything to her that Tom had done such a special thing. She later found out he had a personal jeweler design the ring. The purple stones were breathtaking and gave Anzelika a fairy tale and euphoric feel. She giggled at the memories of last Christmas and fixed her shirt. Her stomach was getting bigger and bigger so her option of clothing decreased. Although her mother had gotten her a few maternity clothes that made up for the agonizing feeling of attempting to make her other clothes fit. She wore a black pair of yoga pants, a black shirt that belonged to Tom and a red cardigan. She giggled at herself in the mirror, thinking she truly was looking like a mother.

She was disappointed that she'd have to spend this Christmas without her fiancé and the rest of the boys but she was still thankful for leena and her family.

But little did Anzelika know, the bands tour was practically canceled, due to the harsh weather conditions taking place in the states. So they would be returning home to Germany and surprising the Anotonov's and Leena.

Anzelika would be staying home with Leena as her parents were out on errands and Ky would be at the auto shop. The girls were tidying up the house getting ready for the Christmas dinner. Leena was humming along to a song on the radio as she swayed her hips and wiped the counters. Anzelika bumped her hips with Leena as she finished cleaning a few dirty dishes. Leena grabbed a spoon from the sink and began singing into it. Anzelika was bursting in laughter as Leena knelt down in front of Anzelikas stomach and sang to the babies, pointing the fake microphone to her stomach.

After they finshed in the kitchen, they moved to the living room. Anzelika was being stubborn, not caring the restrictions she had to make due to her growing stomach so she still did what she could. she began to vacuum as Leena hopped up the stairs to find something of hers in the guest room. Anzelika was too busy humming along with the vacuums frequency to hear the front door open.

She contuined to hum as she wrapped up the cords, kneeling down the farthest she could, the weight of her growing children putting a lot of pressure on her ankles. She winced and stood up and then suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her lower chest. She then felt a chin rest between her collarbone and and her muscle memory caused her to smile. Out of instinct, she went to go place her hand on the side of the persons face as they spoke

"Miss me?"

Anzelika immediately froze. The voice wasn't the comforting German accent she was used to. The face her hand was gently hovered over didn't feel prickly nor did the tips of her fingers graze a row of braids. Instead, she felt a mess of curls, a smooth face and the accent was too her horror, in fact not German, yet it ring with a familiar accent, one that haunted her eardrums, her soul.

"L-Lucas?"

She cringed as she felt a warm but spine chilling pair of lips grazed her bare neck. She squeezed her eyes shut and felt her entire body cringe, wanting to tear away from his grasp. But she couldn't. She was frozen. Her arms fell to her side, stopping cold as they swung down. Her heart beat sped up tremendously and she felt a sweat break out over her body. Her heart beat rung loudly in her ears and she felts Lucas's touch falter over her.