𝟏𝟕.

Putting myself first ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ━ 17

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━ 17. As I Lay Dying

Cameron stood in a chair while he was getting a haircut. Next to him was Tyler who was also doing the same it was more or so Cameron forcing him to cut some of his hair, saying it would make him look hot.

"Do you wanna cut off the top?" Cameron's barber asked him staring at his half-grown-out hair.

Cameron stared at himself in the mirror deeply before tilting his head.

"No...leave it." He told him and the man nodded before he just faded the sides of Cameron's head while sliding down his eyebrows.

"So you ready to graduate?" Drake Cameron's barber asked him and Cameron smiled looking at Tyler.

"Hell yeah." The two said in unison making them all crack up.

"It's been one long ass year...I think walking across that stage will finally ease the tension that's been building all year." Cameron explained.

"Well, you've accomplished many things only a black man can dream of Cameron, graduating with valedictorian, never getting into any gang trouble or violence, you're an honorable young man so you should be proud," Drake said.

"Mystic Falls doesn't do gang violence...let alone black people either," Cameron muttered rolling his eyes.

"Well then, it's a good thing they have somebody like you in their town isn't then? You advocate for our community." Drake told him slightly pushing his shoulder making him smile.

"And finished." He took off the cape making Cameron smile as he checked himself out in the mirror.

"Finna get all the hoes now." He smirked making Tyler roll his eyes and Rudy who was sitting in the chair.

"Oh, you get down like that?" Drake asked him lifting an eyebrow with a small grin.

"I'm 18, single, and ain't gotta go to school no more? Hell yeah imma get down like that...we are outside this summer!" He shouted.

"Lord...why are you so chaotic," Rudy grumbled.

"I'm a Bennett all those bitches were chaotic why do you think they were dead? They couldn't stay away from the white men."

"Didn't you and Matt-"

"Tyler finish that sentence and you won't be walking across that stage." Cameron stared directly at him with a glare making Tyler smirk.