21 years of being together 8th years of marriage

This takes place in 2023

Let me explain in this universe, Colorado and New York got together in 2002 when gay marriage was legalized in 2015 they got married immediately this story tells the story of their life on their anniversary

It was two days before their eighth wedding anniversary. New York was in the kitchen getting breakfast ready for Colorado. Colorado snuck up behind New York and wrapped his arms around New York's waist."morning."Colorado said, kissing New York's cheek. New York blush. Colorado smirks."21 years and I'm still getting you to blush."Coco laughed, while New York rolled his eyes. New York push Colorado off of him "go sit down Bella"New York says as he cooked breakfast

Colorado went to sit down when he went into the dining room. the table was already set but before he sat down, he quickly went upstairs. He knew New York would be finishing up making breakfast soon, but he had to check if the kids were still home, he went to all of their bedrooms found that nobody was there. Then he went back to the dining room and sat down.

"honey. Where are the kids?"Colorado yelled concerned that the kids went missing.

"they're at school Amore Mio"New York said as soon as Colorado heard that the kids were at school he was relieved. New York came into the dining room with Colorado's plate. "here you go darling enjoy your breakfast."New York said. Placing Colorado's plate on the table in front of Colorado.

Then he sat down next to his husband "why didn't you wake me to get them ready for school?"Colorado asked still confused why his husband didn't wake him up to help get the children ready for school

"oh love I didn't wake you because I know how much you loved to sleep in"New York said, taking Colorado's hand and squeezing it

Usually Colorado would help get the kids ready for school then go right back to sleep but once in a while, New York would let Colorado sleep in and get the kids ready for School by himself.

"babe we've talked about this you do not have to let me sleep in"Colorado said not that he was complaining. He did appreciate being able to sleep in, especially on a weekday. he still didn't want New York getting six kids ready for school by himself.

"doll face I am perfectly capable getting six kids ready for school by myself especially when one can drive herself and her younger brother to the same high school."New York said, as if he already knew what Colorado was thinking.

"still I wish you would've woken me up I could've helped I feel bad you doing all the work"Colorado said New York stood up and kissed him on the forehead
"you deserve to sleep in once in a while besides, you were up all night with Syracuse"New York said, and it was true. Colorado was up all night with Syracuse because she had a nightmare.

"baby you were also up with her all night."Colorado said "I know, but at least one of us had to get the younger kids ready for school now baby please just finish your breakfast."New York said, as he rested his head on his husband's head.

"OK I'll finish my breakfast"Colorado said he wasn't mad at New York. He wasn't even disappointed. He does this every once in a while. he lets Colorado sleep in and he gets the kids ready for school and they have the same conversation when he wakes.

He wishes that he could do the same thing for his husband sometimes God knows that New York needs the more sleep than anyone in this house.

New York went to his office to do some paperwork before their anniversary

Colorado finished up with his breakfast and then he got an idea for what he could do for New York on their anniversary.