Chapter 41

(Argus)

On the other side of the bridge, the defensive line has begun to crumble. The Argus Defenders are being pushed back on both sides. With Mermaids that climbed up the beach walls now pressing in on them in addition to the ones crossing the heavily damaged bridge, catching them in a pincer. As this happen, Jaune, Nora, and Ren are rushing around the battlefield, trying to assist where they can. Helping keep what remain of their barricades intact. Along with saving injured soldiers and armed civilians by slaying the Grimm as they're steadily driven back. Despite the assists they're doing and decent amount of Grimm they slain, it's clear that all order has collapsed and they're about to be overrun. During this, a Manta shows up and hovers over Team JNR, much to their collective surprise.

J/N/R: "...!?"

As the Manta slowly descend, still in mid-air, its bay door open, revealing Neo and beyond her, Roman, who is in the pilot's seat. Neo motions the team inside the airship as Roman adds loudly.

Roman: "Get everyone inside! We need to get the hell out of here!"

The helmet-wearing Jaune stabs down at a Mermaid that fail to attack him and falls to the ground in front of him. He then looks up at Roman with bafflement. 

Jaune: "People are still-my sister-her wife, their kid!"

With a short groan, Roman quickly offers.

Roman: "Fine! We'll swoop around, get them, and the brat, but we need to get the hell out of this city once we get Y/N, Red, and their team!"

Shaking his head, Jaune retorts back.

Jaune: "Pyrrha's family is here too and-"

The crime boss cuts him off, shouting.

Roman: "Look, kid! You gotta cut your losses, we can't save everyone!" 

Jaune frowns as the Manta finally lands down. Reluctantly, Jaune turns to Ren and Nora, who both just finish taking a few Mermaids. 

Jaune: "Guys... get on the ship."

Both Ren and Nora share conflicting looks with one another, but they fall in line once Jaune steps on board. 

Ren & Nora: "..."

Roman watches them board the Manta and roll his eyes as Neo goes to sit beside him on the co-pilot's seat. 

Roman: "First sensible thing you've all done-"

Before he can finish, Jaune's sword stabs between into the seat between Roman's legs, inches from his groin. The crime boss is stunned as Jaune leans in and says matter-of-factly. 

Jaune: "We're not leaving Argus. We're falling back." 

The two lock eyes with their own scowling expression for a moment as Ren asks.

Ren: "What can we do?"

Nora chimes in from the door where she's ogling and pointing at a mounted weapon of sort, attached by the bay door. 

Nora: "Ah, I think this is a grenade launcher."

All eyes fall to her and the mounted weapon and Jaune shrugs as he pulls his sword out of Roman's seat.

Jaune: "Well, that's a start." 

Roman groans, rolls his eyes, flicks some switches, share a quick look with Neo, then sigh as he backs down.

Roman: "Fine, fine, didn't want to live very long anyway." 

(The Boot)

At the forest's clearing, Team RWBY+Y/N are still continuing their group hug as the sobbing from Y/N and Ruby slowly dies down. Eventually, they steadily pull away from the hug and back on their feet with the last one doing that is Y/N as he wipes the tears from his eyes. Closing his eyes and with a deep sigh, Y/N's red eyes revert back to their normal eye color. They all gaze upon Adam's corpse, still shock over Y/N and Ruby killing Adam.