Chapter 4

(A Few Minutes Later)

After coming back to the festival's entrance from their Mistralian house, Y/N brought a duffel bag, which contains Grimm Slayer inside. Once he enters the festival, Y/N strolls around, trying to find a secluded spot in the festival or at least, somewhat outside of it. Still carrying the duffel bag, he manages to find a nearby empty alleyway.

Y/N: ("Bingo.")

He then walks inside before Y/N goes around the corner, away from the view of festival goers. Y/N examine the area, making sure that no one is watching him, even trying to sense anyone if they're using their semblance close by.

Y/N: ("Okay... the coast is clear.") 

Dropping the duffel bag on the ground, Y/N crouch down and unzip it, taking out Grimm Slayer, holding it with both of his hands. With a blink, Y/N's eyes turn crimson red as his arms materialized into that of a Grimm. Slowly, Y/N closes his eyes and takes a deep breath as he holds his blade in place as multiple tendrils sprout out of his hands and forearms. The tendrils then go to wrap themselves around the sword's hilt and blade. A moment later, the blade of Grimm Slayer begins to grow bright red as an ink-colored electrical surge spread through the blade. Soon enough, a bright red light spreads out from Grimm Slayer as it engulfs Y/N entirely. The red light soon shrinks down back to the sword before it disappears without a trace. Y/N opens his eyes to find another him standing before him with his eyes closed and no weapons in hand.

Y/N #1: "So far, so good... all the training for a week paid off..."

The other Y/N open his red eyes as well, looking at himself, blinking his eyes to normal before turning to the main Y/N, who has his eye color is reverted to normal.

Y/N #2: "Really? You let me mimic and amplify only two semblances."

Y/N: #1: "Well, I need use three if I'm going to help out the others. So quit bitching and take these..."

Upon saying that, the main Y/N takes out his gauntlets and give it to the other Y/N, which he takes.

Y/N #1: "And this too."

He then tosses Vernal's parting gift, a bundle of four knives as the other Y/N catch it, gazing upon it. The other Y/N instantly realize why he gave him these.

Y/N #2: "You want me to modify the gauntlets."

Y/N #1: "Yeah, no shit. Just go find a nearby blacksmith shop to do the job."

Y/N #2: "Well, give me some money to pay for the modification."

Rolling his eyes, the main Y/N takes out the small bag of money that Neo gave him, giving it to the other Y/N.  

Y/N #1: "And while you're at it, conceal your presence. We don't want the others to know about this and well... we don't want our enemies know who they're facing against."

Y/N #2: "Right. I got it. But I'm only doing this for the others."

Y/N #1: "We are doing this for the others."

Y/N #2: "We!? Are you fucking serious? You're going with the others up north, and I had to stay behind to hunt down those bastards."

Y/N #1: "Tough shit. That is what we're planning to do."

Y/N #2: "Where the hell am I supposed to live then?"

Y/N #1: "Duh, the house we just left from. With Lionheart dead, you can just use that place to stay for a while. If not, just go to an inn or something."