Chapter 13

Slowly opening his eyes, Y/N find himself in a dark, empty void as he rubs the center of his face from getting elbowed by Ozpin.

Y/N #1: "What the... where... where am I...?"

He quickly recalls everything that Jinn has told him and the others. About Ozpin, about Salem, about the gods, and everything in between.

Y/N #1: "He kept her alive... all this time... with no way to defeat her...."

He then examines his surroundings, walking around a bit as he calls out to the others.

Y/N #1: "Hello...! Guys! Are you here?!"

He doesn't get no response until he eventually spots Roman standing several meters behind him. 

Y/N #1: "Roman?"

Ozpin: "W-Where...?"

Y/N #1: "Ozpin..."

In the corner of his eye, Y/N turns around to see a pair of ghostly figures, appearing out of thin air. The figures are Qrow standing in front of Ozpin at his desk in his headmaster office. Seeing this and eyes bulging out, Ozpin, in Roman's body, desperately tries to rush over to Y/N's direction. 

Ozpin: "Y/N! Don't listen to any of this!" 

However, Ozpin is stop dead in his track by some invisible wall. The former headmaster bangs on the same invisible wall as he yells out to Y/N.

Ozpin: "Please don't listen! Don't look at it!"

Despite his pleads, curiosity and suspicions get the better of Y/N as he listens into the conversation of these ghostly figures. 

Qrow: "This is all I could find from the town, Brightwell, Oz."

The huntsman throws the worn-out files about Omen Academy and Brightwell. Ozpin looks through them as Qrow continues. 

Qrow: "I only found one survivor from the Grimm invasion. A kid. Heavily injured by a bunch of strong-looking Grimm. Luckily, me and the huntsmen you sent made quick work with taking them down."

Ozpin: "I see... And the town and the school itself?"

Qrow: "In ruins, sadly."

Ozpin: "Hmm..."

There's a couple moments of silence as Y/N ponder that this must be the time when Qrow gave his reports on Brightwell and Omen Academy to Opzin.

Qrow: "So, what do you want me to do with the kid?"

Dismissively, Ozpin responds back, preoccupied with examining through the files he's been given.

Ozpin: "Oh, just send him to an orphanage and-"

His words die out upon seeing a few papers on Y/N within the files with a photo of Grimm Slayer attached to them. Ozpin then looks up to Qrow as he continues speaking.

Ozpin: "Qrow, what is this?"

The headmaster shows him the photo as Qrow replies.

Qrow: "Uh, it's a sword the kid was holding it when I first found him in the destroyed town."

Ozpin then looks at the photo once more before turning to Qrow.

Ozpin: "Qrow, I would you like to take the child under your wing."

Qrow: "Uh, yeah, about that. I already did."

Ozpin: "I see. Be sure to take care of him as best you can."