Chapter 22

(Evernight Castle)

A White Fang bullhead, cresting a blackened hill, coming into a view of a massive castle, the Evernight Castle. The bullhead lands down on the castle's landing pad. As the bullhead's open its door, Hazel, Mercury, and Emerald exit the airship as a handful of cloaked followers of Salem comes out of the double doors leading to the castle as they work on repairing the somewhat damaged bullhead and search its interiors. Behind them are Tyrian, who has his scorpion tail now fully robotic.

As the trio proceed forward, they notice Tyrian approaching with arms open wide

Tyrian: "Welcome back, welcome back! I do hope you missed us as much as we missed you."

Emerald and Mercury glare at the giggling Tyrian as he asks.

Tyrian: "Now, where is our Fall Maiden?"

Hazel and Mercury are stoic, not responding to his question but, Emerald looks away, visibly upset as she rubs her elbow. The smiling Tyrian picks up on this as he moves smoothly over to Emerald. 

Tyrian: "Weeell, shall I announce our new Fall Maiden to our beloved Queen Salem?"

Emerald winces and Tyrian retract, giving a cartoonish surprise on his face as he leans closer to Emerald.

Tyrian: "Oh? Am I mistaken? She did pass it on to you, didn't she?"

Hearing his words dripped in sarcasm, the enraged Emerald draws out her blades, pointing one of them at Tyrian.

Emerald: "I'll cut off more than just your tail."

The scorpion Faunus just walks through the blade calmly as he goes, holding the blade with one hand, making himself bleed a little. 

Tyrian: "You would spill blood on her sacred ground? Only Christina and the deceased Darius are granted such a privilege. Not even Cinder would be so bold."

His remark stun Emerald a bit as Tyrian let's go of Emerald's blade. This is when Mercury steps up to stand between her and Tyrian, glaring at him.

Mercury: "Alright, freak. Back off."

Tyrian: "Oh, don't misunderstand, I am in mourning just as you. Because it appears you've failed our Queen, and that is a tragedy in itself."

He then starts laughing as both Emerald and Mercury continue to glare at him. However, his remark makes the nearby cloaked followers to shift their attention to them. Catching this unwanted attention, Hazel steps in to pull Tyrian away from Emerald and Mercury.

Hazel: "Stop antagonizing them..."

After looking at Hazel with a frown and licking his bleeding palm, Tyrian was about to say something to him until a voice calls out to them. 

Christina: "So you have arrived..."

They all turn to see the masked Christina at the opened large double doors with Watts standing beside her.