Chapter 11

A fair distance away from the base of the snowy mountain, Weiss managed to start a makeshift campfire with the help of some fire dusts. She, Ruby, Y/N, Neo, and Yang are all trying to keep warm around it. With Ruby and Weiss extending their hands a bit at the open flame, while Y/N, Neo, and Yang (in that order) continues to huddle together with Ruby's red cloak wrapped around them. Nearby them, several bags are dropped into the snow by Blake and Roman. Ruby and the others turn to them as Blake explains. 

Blake: "We found what we could but, there's not much that survived, even less of it that's dry." 

Ruby: "What about the relic? Did you find it?"

Wordlessly, Blake takes out the relic from her waist, holding it and showing it to her and the others. 

Ruby: "Good

Ruby: "Good. You can hand it over to me."

With a nod, Blake hands the relic over to Ruby, putting it on her hip. Qrow walks up behind them as he chimes in.

Qrow: "Well, at least there's another thing that survived the crash."

They all turn to see Qrow wields the damaged Bumblebee up to the unrefined campsite. He scowls, however, and looks to Yang.

Qrow: "Sorry, kid. But it's come out worse for wear. It won't start."

Yang frowns but, is too tired to complain, shivering closer to Neo and Y/N. As he shifts his attention to the campfire, Y/N see Weiss shake her head in disbelief in the corner of his eye as he asks her. 

Y/N #1: "Something on your mind, Weiss?"

Without sparing him a glance, Weiss speaks up. 

Weiss: "It doesn't make any sense. Adam couldn't have attracted that many Grimm." 

Settling down around the campfire, Blake immediately counters that bitterly. 

Blake: "You haven't met Adam." 

Only for Ruby to cut in calmly. 

Ruby: "No. Weiss is right. It couldn't have been him. A single person couldn't do that." 

Weiss nod in agreement as she continues speaking.

Weiss: "Even when the Branwen herded Grimm, it was a group effort." 

Blake, however, sticks to her guns as she retorts.

Blake: "No. Adam could draw that many Grimm."

This is when Y/N chimes in.

Y/N #1: "Unless Adam knows how to herd that a big of a horde or has that much negative emotions that draw them in, I highly doubt it." 

Blake: "But, Y/N, it's Adam."

Y/N #1: "I know, I know. But tell me, since you knew Adam longer than I have, did you ever see him herd that many Grimm before?"

Blake: "W-Well no. But maybe he somehow learns how to after you and I left the White Fang. Remember how he and the White Fang managed to brought Grimm into Beacon and the Amity Colosseum."