Chapter 8

The train, Argus Limited, has traveled a great distance, passing various environments along the way. Environments like rice fields at sunset to Mongolian grassland at night to thick forests at daytime to finally winter forests. 

This all happen over the course of two days

This all happen over the course of two days. As the train rounds a corner, Adam stands on top of a mountainous ledge, next to his parked motorcycle. 

Adam: "..."

Abandoning his motorcycle, Adam expertly slides down the ledge while the train is passing below. He manages to jump onto the train's caboose the last second. Finding a good spot and with a few quick slashes, Adam cuts his way into the carriage and drops down, startling a lone train attendant. The attendant barely has time to react with shock before Adam's blade flick through the air. All Adam could hear is the sound of his blade cutting flesh as the attendant's body falls to the floor. Gazing at the small pool of blood underneath the attendant's corpse, Adam flicks the blood off his katana as he makes his way through the train. Unbeknownst to him and everyone on the train, dark shapes fly beside the mountain, closing in on the train. 

Meanwhile, Team RWBY are lounging in their cabin, sitting and laying on the bunk beds the same way back in their old dorm room at Beacon. Ruby and Blake get top bunks, while Weiss and Yang get bottom bunks. They and Y/N, who came here to visit and hang out with them, are clearly bored of the train travel. Ruby is lying on her bed, playing a game on her scroll. Weiss is sitting on her bed, reading a magazine while Y/N is taking a nap and using Weiss's lap as a pillow. Blake is sitting on her bed and casually reading a book. Yang is laying comfortably on her bed as she reads a smaller magazine. During this, both Blake and Yang glances over to Weiss and Y/N, who is still sleeping with his head on her lap. Of course, Weiss notices their gazes as Yang speaks up. 

Yang: "You enjoying yourself there, Ice Queen?"

Weiss: "Hmph. Not my fault I won at rock-paper-scissors this time."

Both Yang and Blake gives off deadpan expressions with some hint of jealousy before shifting their attention to their magazine and book. 

Blake: ("Should've picked paper.")

Yang: ("Should've picked rock.")

Slowly, Y/N is beginning to wake up from his nap, catching the former heiress's attention. She smiles warmly at this and goes to caress his hair only for Ruby's cape fall down on Weiss's face due to a particularly enthusiastic play on Ruby's game to cause her to shift around. This irritates Weiss as she has to move the cape aside and away from her face. Now fully awake, Y/N slowly pull his head away from Weiss's lap as Weiss move her arms a bit to let him do that, much to her concealed disappointment. 

Weiss: "Done with your nap?"

Y/N #1: "Yeah. Oh, we're in the winter forests now."

He gets up from his spot as he stares through the large window of the cabin. After losing another round of the game she's playing, Ruby gives up, groaning in defeat. Her groaning draws Y/N's attention as he turns to see her putting away her scroll.