Chapter 31

(Argus)

Careening through the streets and around the corners, Ruby is riding her new bright red moped with Y/N sitting behind her. Y/N is busy taking a good nap, resting his head on her shoulder and wrapping his arms around her waist. 

Ruby: ("Hm, so this is how Yang and Neo feel when he does this. Good to know.")

After riding her moped around the area early in the morning, the excited Ruby parks it in front of the Cotta-Arc household where an unamused Weiss is standing in front of it

After riding her moped around the area early in the morning, the excited Ruby parks it in front of the Cotta-Arc household where an unamused Weiss is standing in front of it. The former heiress shakes her head at Ruby, asking.

Weiss: "It's 5 a.m. Why are you so happy?"

Still smiling, Ruby replies back.

Ruby: "Well, normally they have me lugging around a whole bunch of paper and boxes and stuff, but today, I got to move around the munitions. I've only ever seen artillery shells on the net!"

Giving a deadpan look, Weiss asks once more.

Weiss: "Why were they having you carry around artillery shells on a scooter?"

Ruby blinks and puts a finger to her head in confusion before shrugging.

Ruby: "I didn't really think to ask."

Placing a hand on her head, Weiss continues on.

Weiss: "And did you really need to take Y/N on a joyride? He and Blake had to do double shifts yesterday, you know."

Slowly waking up, Y/N let out a brief yawn before pulling his head away from Ruby's shoulder as he turns to Weiss, while rubbing one of his eyes.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, I'm just a little tired. Besides, I want to see and ride this moped Ruby has been going on about."

As he said that, Y/N steadily gets off the moped as Ruby speaks up.

Ruby: "Enjoy your nap, sleepyhead."

Stretching his arms, Y/N turn his head to look at Ruby. 

Y/N #1: "Yep. Thanks for the little joyride, Rubes."

Ruby happily nods to him.

Ruby: "No problem."

Y/N proceeds to pat her in the head, which she happily embraces and let it happen. Crossing her arms, Weiss watch this unfold as she presses on.

Weiss: "I get that you're fine, Y/N, but I still think you need to get proper rest if you're going to be doing these shifts."

After patting Ruby's head, Y/N approach Weiss with a soft smile.

Y/N #1: "Aww, thanks for being concern for me."

He then rests his hand on Weiss's head. Blushing and embarrassed, Weiss shove his hand away from her hand.