Chapter 38

(Cotta-Arc Household, The Next Morning)

After eating some of Y/N's breakfast he cooked up, Ruby and Qrow decide to have some quality uncle and niece time. Basically, going to a weapon shop, a bakery with their signature cookies, and any stores that hasn't been wrecked by the city wall's breach. Y/N, of course, is all for it, considering if it means they'll patch things up and they practically deserve it since everything that happened between them. 

Ruby: "Oh! And we'll also talk about what we plan to do to get to Atlas."

Y/N: "Okay. Just tell us all about it once you two come back."

With a bright smile, Ruby nods to him. She gives him a quick kiss on the lips and rush out of the front door before waving at him.

Ruby: "Catch you later, Y/N!"

Qrow walks pass Y/N, tapping his shoulder before saying.

Qrow: "Don't worry, kid. We'll be back later. Just hold down the fort while we're gone."

Ruby: "Let's go, Uncle Qrow!"

Qrow: "I'm going, I'm going."

Y/N gives a nod to his mentor before staring after him leaving the Cotta-Arc household with Ruby. He still feels a bit concern over something might happened to them, but Y/N shakes this feeling off and focus on preparing breakfast for everyone else. As he cooks, the first ones to enter the kitchen with him are Terra and Saphron. 

Saphron: "Y/N?"

Terra: "What are you doing here?"

Y/N turns to face the married couple.

Y/N: "Sorry. I'm using your kitchen to make some breakfast for everyone."

Saphron: "Oh, you didn't need to do that."

Y/N #1: "Call this a token of gratitude for letting us stay here. Besides, Jaune, Ren, and Nora are going to head out and help with the breach in the wall."

Terra: "Then, at least let us help you out."

Y/N: "I don't mind at all."

And with that, the three work on making breakfast as Team JNR walks down the stairs and approach them.

Jaune: "Morning."

Nora immediately gasps in joy upon seeing the breakfast.

Nora: "Pancakes!"

Ren: "You're making breakfast, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Well, yeah. So, hurry up and get seated you guys."

With their nods, they do just that. As they eat their breakfast, they discuss about the breach in the wall and how they're needed there to assist. Of course, Team JNR ask Y/N about his team's discussion with Cordovin at the Boot.

Y/N: "Oh... that. Well, it's better we talk about it once you guys come back, and the rest of my team are present."

Team JNR share a look of concern before turning back to Y/N with Jaune replying.

Jaune: "If you say so."

Soon enough, Team JNR finish their breakfasts and heads out through the front door, all while Y/N waves goodbye to them. By the time they left the household, the rest of Team RWBY comes down the stairs and approach Y/N. 

Yang: "Hey, babe."

Y/N: "Morning, girls."

Weiss: "Did Team JNR just left?"