Chapter 31

A/N

This chapter is a bit long and it's the penultimate chapter.

Chapter 31

He was giving me his cop glare and I thought to myself. Fuck!

He then spoke with a cold and deep voice, "I love you Licia. But you better start talking now."

I bit my lip and just when I was about to speak. I heard the front door open and close. I listened to the footsteps and it sounded like Beau's. I heard him approach my door and opened it.

He was about to say something until he took notice of the scene in front of him. I was half naked sitting on top of a completely naked Wayne.

He stopped, scratched his head and looked away awkwardly, "err... sorry to disturb. I'll leave the two of you to continue. I'll speak to you tomorrow Licia."

He was about to leave when Wayne spoke, "it's alright Beau, you've come at the right moment. Just give Licia and me a minute. Licia and you have got a lot of explaining to do."

Beau looked at me and I nodded awkwardly. He then spoke, "okay just call me when ya'll done." he then left and I got off Wayne. He got up and reached for his boxers and my shorts he had discarded earlier. I took my shorts and put them on and sat up. I reached for a cigarette and Wayne called Beau in.

Beau came to join me on the bed while Wayne was standing looking at us.

Wayne then spoke, "Beau before you came in Licia was about to tell me what have ya'll been up to these past few days. First I wanna know where Aunt Diane is?" he looked at Beau then me.

I looked at Beau and cleared my throat, "she's visiting Beau's family on their ranch."

"Is that so? Licia don't you and Aunt Diane usually go visit the ranch together?" Wayne asked.

I nodded, "yes but I have to go to work again next week. It's gonna be a waste if I go now and then come back again so soon."

He folded his arms, "okay if I was questioning other folk. I'd be taking my time with them but let's just cut the bullshit and tell me what's really going on. So the truth, now!"

I decided to light my cigarette and took a puff and blew. I looked at Beau and back at Wayne and sighed.

I started to talk, "remember that Saturday night I was watching The Specialist?" he nodded. I then looked at Beau while I continued speaking, "later that night we were in the shower." I saw Beau smiling and punched him in the back.

"Hey! What was that for?" he yelled.

"Let's not worry 'bout that now. Continue my love." Wayne said.

I bit my lip but spoke, "while we were in the shower. Someone else was also in the bathroom. I saw the person open the shower door."

I looked at Wayne and his eyes narrowed, "what do you mean someone else was in the bathroom? Also, why didn't you say something? Why didn't you tell me?" Wayne was yelling now and I was feeling guilty.

Beau then spoke, "hold up now Wayne. Okay yes she didn't tell you but it was for good cause. Cos what we've found out, it aint good."

Wayne was glaring at me, "What did you find out then?"

"We found out who hired Joanne. We also have a suspicion on who might've killed her. The final thing is we also have a suspicion on who wants Alicia dead." Beau answered.

"Really? So tell me then." Wayne said sceptically.

"Wayne I think it's best if you don't know cos..." I was saying until Wayne interrupted.