Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

It was Saturday morning and I walked into the kitchen.  

"Morning sleepy head, why are up already? You've got a busy shift tonight." Aunt Diane asked.  

I wasn't a morning person before I had a sip of coffee. I got a mug and poured me some brew, put in sugar, stirred it and took a sip.  

I sighed, "Morning. I have to do a few things this morning. That's why I'm up." I got a cigarette and offered her one. She took it and lit it. I lit mine as well.  

She took a drag, blew and spoke, "so how was work? I hear it was an interesting evening." 

I shook my head, "yeah that's an understatement." 

"Giselle should just get used to the fact that she and Wayne will never be a couple again. He'll probably just use her for sex that's all. With her reputation I doubt he will neither do that." 

"Yeah but his not clean either maybe they're soul mates." I joked. I was joking but there was definitely some truth to that especially after last night. He plays dirty.  

Aunt Diane snorted, "Please he can do better. I wonder what happened to make him come back though." 

I thought about it and spoke, 'life in the city aint easy and with him being a cop and all. It's harder for a cop. He must've seen things or something happened that changed how he sees things now."  

She nodded, "yes it is. He probably wants to settle now as well. He's 34 and he's not getting any younger." She sighed and looked at me. "You're not getting younger either."  

I just rolled my eyes, "I'm fine just the way I am." 

I got up and saw my plate was already out. I sat down again and ate. I saw her looking me.  

"I was expecting you to only come in this morning. Usually you're laying out. Saturday mornings you come in here walking on a slant." She said then laughed.  

Usually after a shift I drink all night and come in drunk the next morning. I wasn't really given that option. After Wayne finished finger banging me. He warned me to go straight home. Son of a bitch and his mother is one.  

I still had food in my mouth. So I chewed and swallowed it to speak. "I wasn't in the mood and my car is giving me problems." She nodded in understanding. "Roy told me about a job at mine for a mechanic." 

She smiled, "you should apply. I don't want you working at Jimmy's anymore. You trained for better. Billy would be so proud." 

Yeah uncle billy is her late husband. He taught me all there is to know about cars, engines and machines. Uncle Billy and Aunt Diane paid for me to go learn further. I'm actually slapping them in the face by not doing anything else with my life. They did so much me after my parents died. 

I sighed, "I have to go into town want anything? I'm going to walk though." 

"Don't be silly, take my car and here's a list of what we need and bring some dope with you. Here's the money."  

I went to shower and change. It was still early but it was hot already. I went in town and bought a few things. I texted to my dealer and waited for him. I saw him and got out. I smiled and gave him a hug. It was just a trick for us to exchange our goods. We spoke a bit and then said our byes.  

I arrived home and gave Aunt Diane her stuff and went to take a nap.

"I then told her. I don't give a fuck about you or anything you do." Jiggy complained. I was listening to him complaining about a Baby momma. "My son is eighteen now. I only deal with him now. She no longer needs to involve herself in our relationship. After 18 years you would think the bitch would leave me alone."