Chapter 8

Chapter 8 

It was Monday morning and I arrived at the car shop. 

"Good morning Alicia. I'm going to need to work at the station today. A few cruisers need some maintenance done. Here's the stuff you need. Here's the keys for the truck." Uncle Bobby said and I saw a few guys glaring at me. Well they can get over it. It's not my fault I'm the only one properly qualified for the work. 

I wonder if I'm gonna see Wayne. Yesterday morning he had to get up to go to work. I don't if it was just me or were things awkward between us. When he started putting on his uniform he went all cop mode. It was not a friendly side of him. He couldn't wait to get me out of his place. I guess what I thought the night before wasn't really the case. We both could still turn back. 

I frowned. Why was I worrying about that? 

I pulled up at the station's garage with the necessary documentation and they let me in. an officer frowned when he saw me.  

"You're the one fixing the cruisers? Do you even the proper qualifications and documentation?" he asked. I didn't answer him and gave him the documentation and he frowned. Weren't expecting that now were you fool.  

He then called someone over and he looked like a mechanic then why did they call Uncle Bobby. I looked at the guy he was a bit older and I could see he wasn't from here.  

He nodded his head, "its right she can come in." he looked at me with interest, "with qualifications like these why are working at a normal shop and not at the mine?" 

"I'm starting in a few weeks." I answered. 

He smiled, "you better all this training going to waste oh no. you know with these qualifications you could apply for a job in law enforcement. You don't have a record do you?" 

All the officers who were near all looked at him like he was crazy. I laughed, "Minor stuff but I do have a reputation. Not a good one." 

He laughed cheekily, "please who doesn't and knowing the right people that minor stuff can disappear." He winked. "My apologies I haven't introduced myself. Vernon Roberts. But everybody calls me Vern and yours my pretty lady. 

I rolled my eyes but answered, "Alicia Miller." We shook hands. 

"Please to meet you Alicia let's go inside."  

The officer glared at me and I grinned widely at him.  

We entered and I saw a car that was a total wreak. I would be surprised if anyone survived the accident. 

Vernon then said, "Passenger and driver didn't make it. Bless their souls. It happened last night on the highway. It's one of the worse accident scenes I've ever seen in my life. On the job and off. Well now I'm here to find out what happened. Those are the cruisers you need to do maintenance on." 

He pointed to six cruisers. Damn I'm going to be here all day. "Well let me get started."

I was busy with the third cruiser and it was giving me problems. I was underneath it and saw a few loose screws and wires. Some pipes were loose as well I sighed. How do these guys drive the damn things? I rolled out and got up. I found my notepad and wrote down what was wrong. It was getting hot so I took off my jacket and put it on side. I was wearing a purple tank top and it really fitted nicely on my bust. 

I took a sip of water and from the corner of my eyes. I saw an officer stare at me or was he staring at my breasts. I decided to play with him and flexed my pec muscles causing my breasts to move up and down. He looked shocked and looked up. I winked at him and gave him a teasing smile.