Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I was busy sweeping the porch when I heard the gate being opened. I looked up and saw it was Eloise. I narrowed my eyes what does she want?

At the precise moment Aunt Diane came out as well and I stopped sweeping. I looked to Aunt Diane and saw she was looking at Eloise with suspicion as well. She then turned to me and her one eyebrow rose.

Aunt Diane then whispered, "Let's not jump to conclusions." I snorted and looked at Eloise as she walked up the steps.

"Good Morning Diane, Licia." Eloise greeted.

"Morning Eloise, how ya doing?" Aunt Diane greeted back. I just nodded my head.

"I'm good, Diane." She replied.

"So what can I help ya with?" Aunt Diane asked.

"Nothing I just thought I'll pop in a bit. If aint a problem." Eloise answered and my eyes narrowed.  

"It's no problem, we're almost done here. Come inside and I'll make ya something to drink." Aunt Diane suggested. She and Eloise went inside and I went back to sweeping the porch. 

It wasn't long before I saw a courier van stop in front. The driver got out and fetched a medium sized box in the back. Someone walking past our house opened the gate for and he entered and said thanks. I waited and greeted him. He asked my name and I signed the box and he offered to bring it in as it was heavy. I could carry it but I didn't want to bruise his ego and let him inside. He put it on the table and then left.

I was on my way to my room with the box. I saw Eloise looking at the box with intrigue. I just ignored her. I went in my room and went to close and lock the door. My window and curtains were still closed and I cut the tape open.

I looked inside and saw a various boxes inside. I looked at each one and smiled when I saw my special box. I texted Beau to let him know his package arrived. I saw an A4 sized envelope and open it. I smiled when I saw it was my gun license. All legal. Wayne can go look it up on the system. It will show. I decided to close my box and go through this stuff later cos it'll take me a while. I went out and closed and locked my door.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Aunt Diane and Eloise sitting at the table.

"Is it ya birthday or what Licia?  I saw ya got a box." Eloise asked.

"no." I said and I saw she was waiting for an explanation. I wasn't gonna give it to her. I went to wash my hands and poured myself some juice.

I heard Eloise clear her throat, "so Licia ya must be missing Wayne Aint ya?"

"yeah." I replied.

"When's he coming back?" 

"In 2 weeks' time." I answered.

"Oh ya must be so excited?" she gushed and I rolled my eyes.

Aunt Diane saw me and spoke on my behalf, "oh well but next week Alicia's going away for training again. Just 2 weeks."

"That must be awful. For the time the two of ya are going out you've been away from each other." Eloise said in a tone I didn't like.

I was about to say something rude to her when Aunt Diane spoke before I could. "Oh well they have an understanding. Anyway they both want to better their careers. It just goes to show that they both aint selfish people. They're not holding the other back. They allow the other to achieve their dreams. Not many couples are like that. Others get jealous and so on. Not them, even though it is still considered early day days, they are showing their support for one another. The two of them got something good going on."