Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Looking at the front door in front of me I turn to Leshawn.

"He's inside." He says. I nod at him. I open the door and switch on the light. A guy who is tied up is sitting in a chair. 

He's blindfolded and starts moaning when I near him. I pull off the blindfold and he cringes at the bright light. He shakes his head and looks at me. I start seeing recognition on his features and his eyes widen in shock.

"Alicia?" he asks. 

I nod, "yeah it's me."

"Licia what's going on here?" he asks.

"I don't know. You tell me." I reply.

He shakes his head, "I... a-aint know either."

I bend down and glare at him, "you sure about that?" In my hand is a Taser. I press the switch and the charge goes off. His eyes widen in shock.

"Licia I'm sure. Please believe me." he screams.

I weakly smile and sigh. I shake my head. "Dude do ya really think I'm that stupid? You spiked my drink at that party at Tyrell's house." He looked shocked. I decided to continue, "Yes I know. You thought I didn't care anymore. Well actually I do."

"This is all about someone spiking your drink? You're crazy!" I punched him with my free hand.

"Licia you've got it wrong. I didn't spike your drink." He yelled. I pressed the Taser button again and brought it nearer to him. "Licia please don't!" I brought it even nearer and the fear in his eyes grew. 

"Licia please. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was paid to." Damn this dude's a coward. He spoke too soon. He didn't let me have my fun. 

I got up and spoke, "now that wasn't difficult at all." I sighed, "But you didn't let me have my fun. I know you. You may act all tough, but you don't get involved in something unless there's money involved. You aint a rapist either. I do have to hand that to you. So who paid you and why?" I put the Taser on the table nearby and folded my arms, "I'm waiting."

He sighed in relief, "I was in town hustling for work. When all of the sudden this dude comes up to me and asks if I'm looking for work. I'm like hell ya. He then says I gotta see him the next day and he'll tell me everything. The next day he comes up and he gives me an envelope. I open up. I see the pills and I'm like what? I thought he wanted me to sell pills or something and I'm like 'Hell no! Tyrone's gonna cancel my birth certificate!'"

I then ask, "But that wasn't the case. You had to drug me." 

He nodded, "yeah, he asked me if I knew you and I'm like 'who doesn't'. Then he says I gotta drug you. I'm like no but then he shows me the money and says it will double once I get the job down. It was easy money. He didn't give me a date he said I should wait for the right time. When I drug you. I gotta call him. I should find you and wait with you. He'll come pick you up."

I look at Leshawn and his eyes are narrowed. He then speaks, "can ya give a description of the guy?"

He shook his head, "nah I can't he wore a disguise it was so obvious. All I can say he's medium height. He aint young and the accent is fake. I didn't really care. I just wanted the money." 

I then said, "Well ya kinda did a sloppy job as I got away. Why haven't you tried again?"

He sighed, "Please wit'cha cop boyfriend snooping around. Oh hell no. I called and said I aint doing this no more. Keep the money." So Wayne has also been doing some investigating.

Leshawn then asked, "Do you still have his number?" 

He shook his head, "I had once dialled the number by accident and it wasn't working. I was calling my cuz and saw it was his number. I dialled by accident."