Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

I'm looking at the lemon in front of me and I don't if I can save it. The wiring and screws are so old. I see someone had put in a few new screws and wiring, here and there but I shook my head. Everything was a mess. The grease build up wasn't good either. 

I sighed and decided to check the oil. I pulled out the stick and felt the texture. I shook my head. It's thick. 

"This car might as well go to the scrap yard." I said to myself. 

"I agree with you but don't let Mae here you say that." Uncle Bobby said behind me.  

I shook my head, "well I see what I can do. I can only fix it to a point. She just better make sure the cops don't see her driving around with this car." 

"Yeah she'll think they're taking it to the pound. When it's going to the dump."  

We heard a whistle and Joseph came to stand by us. "Damn this Lemon is so bad. Not even the metal is worth anything." I looked at the body and just saw rust everywhere.  

Uncle Bobby sighed, "Well let's leave Alicia alone to see what she can save of this death on wheels. I don't understand why people are so cheap. I'm going to die one day and I can't take my money with me." 

Uncle Bobby was talking about what a cheapskate Mae was. She had lots of money but didn't want to spend it. I looked next to me and saw the different parts she bought with for me to fix her car. I can't use any of these stuff. Later I'll break them on purpose. Serves you right for being so cheap. 

I'm all for saving. I've got a comfortable sum saved up in the bank. But there's a limit as to how far you are willing to go. You inconvenience others as well. Others had spent money on things but you want to bargain and argue. Nah I'll see you extreme cheapskates in hell.

It was night time and I was looking at this poor drunk guy in front. Damn he's wasted. I look at him and felt sorry for him.  

"Could you pour another on?" I poured him a non-alcoholic brandy mix I came up with. He won't know the difference. I'm all for drinking and getting drunk but he looked terrible. I won't charge him the normal price that's just cheating. I look at him take a sip and hopefully that stuff will help him sober up a bit. 

I look at the time and see two more hours till closing time. I do a few inventory checks and hear the front door open. I'll let them call me. Not many people worry to drink during the week so Leshawn is very busy in the kitchen because they want to eat. Especially the mine workers from out of town.  

I thought about the job and did a bit of research. I can't ask these people anything or else they'll try and destroy a person's chance of getting employed. Anyway I did some research and saw that they work really long hours. Okay I don't have any responsibilities like children or anything but I don't know. I also have to work mostly with men. I shake my head and sigh.  

What did it matter I was planning on leaving town soon anyway. I felt a spasm in my shoulder and started massaging it.  

"You look stressed and frustrated. You need to get rid of that anxiety. I know of something can help." I bit my lip when I the familiar deep, rough voice. I know what he's referring to by ridding my anxiety. 

I turned to him and smiled, "thanks but I've got it covered. So how's your day been Wayne?"  

He grinned, "It was okay. I was on highway patrol today. So a few speedsters and so on."  

I then realised, "oh I haven't asked you but what would you like?" 

"Oh Sally's already helped me. You'll probably get the order now." He said and at that moment I saw on the order on the screen. A Coke. He could've just said so.