Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

Wayne gave me another peck on the lips and whispered, "Come let's go before they call you."  

His truck was parked in a blind spot so I knew my colleagues wouldn't see me get into his truck. I got in and closed the door and put my seatbelt on. I bent down to look into my bag and pretended to look for something until we hit the road. When we did I sat up again. 

"I don't why you do that people are going to find out soon enough." Wayne said and I think I heard a bit of annoyance in his tone. 

"Find out what exactly?" I asked. 

"About us." 

"What about us? I don't know anything about an 'us'. If you think there will be your sadly mistaken."  

He tsk, "carry on. You'll be eating your own words. Mark my words." He said determined. 

I snorted, "Ooh that's so scary. I know myself. Like I told you. I don't do cops." 

"And like I said you'll do this cop. I also want to tell you. I'm not playing games. I'm dead serious. I'm not like those boys you got involved with in the past." 

"What would you know about them?" I asked sceptically. 

"I know enough that's why you didn't sleep with them." 

It was true but he was out of town so he couldn't really know much. 

I then had thought and smiled, "you're right about them being boys but I'm not interested in dating father figures either. You're way too old for me as well." 

He frowned but kept his eyes on the road, "father figures. I'm not that much older than you." 

"You're eight years older than me. It's a big difference." 

"What? How old do you think I am?" he asked in disbelief. 

"You're 34 and I'm 26. Eight years difference." I answered. 

"Where the hell did you get that? Do I look that old to you? I'm only 31." He said with disbelief. 

No that can't be. I thought about it. No he isn't, "well if that's the truth then you age badly. Anyway when I started high school you were already in college. You also said you waited for me to grow up." 

"Well yes I was already in college. I'm five years older than you. When you were a freshman in high school. I was a sophomore in college. When you were 15 I was 20. I finished school when I was 18 not 17. I also couldn't get with you. You were still a minor. I can't believe you think I'm 34. I don't usually care but wow. Does everyone in town think or only you?" he looked at the road shaking his head. 

"I guess everyone cos the other day Aunt Diane said you were 34. Giselle also gives everyone the impression she's older." I said. 

He tsk, "Well if you want to talk about someone who ages badly she's a good example. In a few years she'll be so ugly she'll make a freight train take the dirt road." 

I gasped, "Wayne how can you say that? Wasn't..." 

He interrupted me, "Gasp all you want it's the truth. She's jealous and nasty and you know what they say about those two. She's a complete bitch." 

I looked at him stunned. When they were younger. They were the star couple. Everyone looked up to them. I could see from his facial expression that wasn't the case anymore. What did she do?  

I sighed, "yes she's a bitch but so am I. how does that make me any different to her." 

He sighed and scratched his head. "Yes you're a bitch but that's just cos you're a trouble maker. You can't be a troublemaker without being a bitch. Giselle is deceitful, manipulative and vindictive. That's the difference."