Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Ooh Licia, my woman, my love. Forgive me when I say this, but you've just gone to hell. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily, "explain what exactly?"

"About this serial killer being caught." he answered.

"What makes you think I had something to do with it?" I asked.

"I know you well enough and I have my ways." He replied.

I then had a thought and smirked, "you know what? Go find out yourself. Seeing that you have your ways and it will also be good practice for you."

"Is that a challenge?" he asked smugly.

"Yes it is." 

"I accept."

"Sho you would..."

A week and a half has past and I was in the city again for my training. I was busy fixing a machine and pretending the cameraman and his director/producer weren't standing behind me. When I arrived, I was told there will be a film crew here on Wednesday. They want to film about training in the mining sector and seeing that I'm a woman working on the mines. They would like to interview me. I declined, however they will still shoot me when I'm busy working. I didn't have a say in the matter.

They would ask me to move a bit so that they could get a good shot of me working without blocking them. They would also ask me what I was doing and shit. I'd just give short answers. The siren went off again. I sighed, not another drill. I stopped what I was doing and got into line. The camera crew followed of cause.

As I stood in line I saw Cindy come stand behind me. She glared at the camera crew and turned to look at me.

"I wish they'd leave already." She whispered.

"They've been with me for an hour already. How'd you think I feel?" I just shook my head and looked ahead of me.

"Yeah I feel you. So I was thinking. Friday we should stay in and rest. Saturday we go out or what you say."

I nodded, "its fine with me. The practical test I have Friday is gonna exhaust me. I have to go to the mall Saturday. I have to buy my and Aunt Diane's wedding gifts. I also need a dress. The theme is 1950 's and I don't like that era's dresses."

She laughed, "Yeah those puff dresses don't work for me either. If it helps I know of a place where you can find a dress."

I smiled weakly, "thanks."

It was Saturday and Cindy and I were in this vintage boutique looking at dresses. I rolled my eyes at some of the dresses, but this is for Sue Ellen. Cindy was busy showing me a dress when I heard a loud gasp.

"Lord have mercy! Licia is that you?" 

I turned to look at the blonde haired and blue eyed woman smiling at me. Yeah she and her brother lookalike.

"Carol Anne! How you doing?" I asked Wayne sister. Why am I always seeing his family? Anyway Carol Anne was the baby of the family. We were also together in school. I was actually still in contact with her all these years. Carol Anne was a Daddy's girl. She didn't have a good relationship with her mother. When she graduated from high school she moved to the city and met her husband, Todd. 

"I'm good. So I see you're also invited to Sue Ellen's wedding?" she asked.

I nodded me then remembered Cindy, "Forgive my manners. Carol Anne this is Cindy, Cindy this is Carol Anne. Carol Anne is Wayne's baby sister." I explained to Cindy.