Chapter 27

A/N

Warning! Contain violence.

Chapter 27

Aunt Diane was sleeping over at Robert's again. So I was home alone and wanted to fool around a bit.

I had my back to the mirror I turned to look in the mirror and smirked. I was doing the splits again and I only wearing a thong. I decided to bend down and lay on my stomach. I turned my head and decided to attempt doing a twerk.

I looked in the mirror and laughed at my poor attempt. How do they do it? I sighed heavily and got up. Better get changed Wayne was coming to pick me up after his shift. We were going to spend the weekend at his cabin again.

Once I was done I went to sit on my bed and reached for my beer. I took a sip and realised it was empty. I sighed as this was the last one. I decided to rest a bit before Wayne came. I don't know why he doesn't pick me up tomorrow morning. Apparently he doesn't want me sleeping alone here tonight. I shook my head and got under the covers and started reflecting about the things in my life.

I was now on a fixed contract at working at the mines and my salary was good. I thought about my colleagues and smiled at how they have accepted me as one of them. Our working relationship had improved. The work itself though was hard and exhausting. These days I'd come home wash, eat and sleep.

I was too exhausted these days and was taking a bit of a break from my mission. I was thinking about the discovery I made this morning and frowned.

I had just woken up and was sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee. Aunt Diane had ran in and I saw she had the newspaper in her hands.

"Alicia you still remember those guys who held ya'll hostages in the bank?" she asked.

Yeah like I'll ever forget about them. I nodded and she spoke again, "They were telling the truth bout not killing them parents."

I put my mug down and frowned at Aunt Diane, "I told you they're innocent. You didn't believe me?" I asked shocked.

She shook her head and I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and spoke, "it sounded far-fetched. Never mind that. The state police investigated their claims. After gathering evidence that was overlooked they believe that the serial killer they found in the woods, was involved."

My eyes widened in surprise, "you're kidding."

She shook her head, "no it's in the paper. Here read it." she put the paper down in front of me and I started reading the article for myself. I whistled loudly, "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit."

I was looking at the ceiling and was shaking my head. Damn this world is small. To think that serial killer was involved in those killings as well. I then froze when I realised, was he supposed to kill me? I shook my head. I can't think like that.

I turned and looked at the photo of my man shirtless next to my bed. I smiled when I remembered the day I took that photo.

Wayne and I was out fishing again and we were at the lake sitting next to each other. I was busy texting Jermaine and Michelle when I saw Wayne stand up. It was kinda hot today and we were sitting in the shade. He walked to his truck and took off his shirt.

At that moment I was done texting and decided to discreetly take a photo of him. He was wiping the sweat off his head and had put his cap back on. He then put his hands in his jeans pockets and just when I was about to snap the photo he turned to look at me and smiled.