Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It was Saturday and I was now sitting on the bus. I was feeling excited and nervous. Aunt Diane was picking me up from the station as Wayne was on duty. When he told me on the phone and I ended the call. I sighed in huge relief. Damn should I tell him about that club or not? I'ma avoid him for a day or two.

We were nearing Rochdale and my heart was beating faster. 

"What the hell is going on here?" I heard someone on the bus say. Some people got up and looked out of the window and I did the same.

I was shocked at what I was seeing. The famous southern saying came into my mind. 'Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. 

There was a crowd gathered at the bus stop. The people were cheering louder when the bus got nearer. The crowd noticed me and cheered even louder. They were waving at me.

"Alicia's back!" someone yelled. I then saw a board with the words written, 'welcome back Licia.' What the hell?

The bus stopped and everyone looked around to see who had to get off. I sighed heavily and shook my head. I took a deep breath and got up. Everyone was looking at me with intrigue. Some made comments but I wasn't paying attention. The door was open and everyone screamed when they saw me. 

Once I got out people came to hug me and I was being smothered.

"Let go of me. I need space. I gotta get my bags. After my shopping trip with Cindy I had more luggage on me now. I walk to the driver who was having a difficulty getting the luggage door opened.

"I know ya'll are happy to see and I don't know why but please back off. Let the driver get my bags please." I yelled. I saw Leshawn and Tyrell come over and helped the driver with my bags.

"You really meant to shop in the city. What the hell did you buy?" Tyrell asked. 

I rolled my eyes and we made our way to Aunt Diane's car who was sitting and waiting. People were still following me. I saw Aunt Diane was seated in the car and smiled but shook her head as well. L got and we waited for Leshawn and Tyrell to get in the car. 

Aunt Diane then gave me hug and kissed me on the cheek, "my child it's good to have you back. I missed you so much."

I pulled away and looked at the crowd, "so did everyone else. Why?"

Leshawn then spoke, "with you gone some tools were taking over the city. With you gone they felt they could away with shit."

"You may not be the cops' favourite person but when you were gone they were missing you. Believe it or not your behaviour does keep some peace and order." Tyrell explained.

I shook my head, "yeah right."

"I did say believe it or not." 

Aunt Diane then sighed, "How the hell am I supposed to get out?" she started hooting but no one was giving her space. "Alicia get my gun out." I looked at her and shook my head, "fine." She reached for her gun and opened her window. 

She hooted again and started yelling, "ya'll better get the hell out of my way. I've got a gun and I'll shoot." She then pointed her gun out of the window. People started screaming and quickly got out the way. 

Leshawn and Tyrell were laughing in the back seats. She put her gun away and I shook my head. 

"Aunt Diane you don't do that. There's children around. You know the cops are gonna come over to the house now." I scolded her.

"Well I needed space and they weren't giving me it. I had to what I had to." She said and I just sighed and looked at the road. 

"So Licia you coming to Timmy's tonight or do you already have plans?" Leshawn asked.