Images - Ziall Horlik

His image. That's all my boyfriend cared about his image. He didn't care about us no, that's why he wanted no-one to know he was dating me.

Me, the small, quiet nerdy blonde that everyone picked on was dating Zayn Malik, the most popular guy at our school. He tells me he loves me but he really doesn't. If he did he would be proud to call me his, to be able to tell people.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I walked into school and ignored the jeers and whispers from the students. I walked to my locker and felt the tears prick my eyes as I read the newly graffitied 'Fag' across it.

I grabbed my bags and walked to first lesson ignoring the laughs. I sat down in English and put my head on the desk and pulled out my phone. The teachers didn't care they never noticed to me and if they did they didn't care. My phone buzzed from a new text.

From The Boyfriend <3

Love you babe Zee xxx

I looked at my phone and stared at the text. 'No you don't' I thought as I replied.

To The Boyfriend <3

Love you too Ni xxx

From The Boyfriend <3

Love you more Zee xxx

I put my phone away and put my head on the desk. It was impossible that he loved me more than I did him. I love Zayn, I really do, from the moment I bumped into him in the corridor until he finally noticed me to the minute we became us.

This relationship was getting more and more one sided, and I felt like this was the end of us. We didn't go out together anymore, Zayn always ditched me for his mates, he didn't us to be seen together.

The rest of the school day was slow and boring and I ignored all the jeers of the student body, and ran to the bus stop. I pulled out my phone and texted Zayn

To The Boyfriend <3

We need to talk...Ni xxx

I slipped my phone in my pocket and got on the bus and slipped in my headphones and looked at the roads and countryside whizzing past. I leaned my head against the cool window and looked at the world and the people walking down the street. I choked back a sob as I looked out and saw Louis and Harry walking past holding hands. Oblivious to the people around them, all they cared about was each other, that could be Zayn and I. But no Zayn didn't want seen with me. I watched as Harry took Louis in his arms and kissed him, not a care in the world, they were in love, no-one could change that.

I looked back at the bus with the silent tears slipping down my face. I wanted that, I wanted Zayn to hold me, I wanted him to hold me, I wanted to tell the whole world about us, about our love.

I walked into my house and ran up to my bedroom and sat down and just looked at the photo on my bedside table. It had been taken mine and Zayn's 3 month anniversary and we were just stood there with our arms around each other smiling like idiots. Like idiots in love. We didn't do that anymore.

I heard my front door bang open and Zayn's voice floated up the stairs. "Honey I'm home"

I bounced down the stairs and threw myself into Zayn's awaiting arms. Zayn hugged me close into his chest, his arms circling my waist protectively. Zayn leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Have a good day Love?" He asked as he carried me into the sitting room and sat on the couch and pulled me onto his lap.

I smiled at him and shrugged not wanting to go into detail. Suddenly Zayn gasped and looked at my cheek. His hand came under my chin and he lifted my face up and tilted it into the light. My cheek was bruised from where Zayn's 'mates' had pushed me up against the lockers at lunch. Zayn's thumb rubbed against my cheek softly and I leant into his touch, relishing it. I looked at Zayn startled to see tears in his eyes.